Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] Qualifying Miles from non-flights? [Credit Cards, Challenges, etc]

[Consolidated] Qualifying Miles from non-flights? [Credit Cards, Challenges, etc]

Old Aug 23, 2015, 6:28 pm

United let's you go up to platinum with certain cards
Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by steaminer
United let's you go up to platinum with certain cards
Mileage Plus Presidential Card --

"You'll earn 1,000 Flexible Premier qualifying miles (Flex PQM) for each $5,000 you spend on your Card, which can be combined with the PQM you earn when you fly. These extra qualifying miles will help maintain your Premier status or elevate it."
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by mikelat
IIRC, if you spend a certain amount on the Citi AA Exec card you can get 10k EQM. So, thats a bit of a jump start. It's possible other programs have similar offerings based on spend...
DL has some CCs that get you MQM miles as well. The one I have got me 10k bonus upon hitting a $ spend in the first 3 months and then additional 10k (each) upon hitting $25k and $50k spend in a calendar year. There may be other variations as well.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bosman
DL has some CCs that get you MQM miles as well. The one I have got me 10k bonus upon hitting a $ spend in the first 3 months and then additional 10k (each) upon hitting $25k and $50k spend in a calendar year. There may be other variations as well.
The Reserve card gives 15,000 MQMs at $30,000 spend and another 15,000 MQMs at $60,000 total spend. The 30,000 MQMs are more than enough for Silver status since with this spend you automatically ahve a MQD waiver.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Another way! But likely not applicable to OP. When in the SkyClub I saw an ad for Delta Private Jet. One benefit is Delta Diamond Medlalion status (though with an asterisk).
this is the best suggestion in this thread :lol
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:51 pm

Qualifying Miles from non-flights?

I am looking to get status in an airline, and I am short a lot of qualifying miles. I was wondering besides flights, is there another way to get QM to get elite status? Such as a hotel booking? Would this need to be done through the airline site itself, and would it get me QM or just extra award miles?

I also notice that United offers Premier Accelerator, which allows me to pay more money on my existing reservation for 5k or 10k QM. Do any other airlines have something like this? I know that getting bonus award miles are available on most airlines, but I am looking for qualifying miles for elite status. Is United my best bet?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:58 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...cc-points.html
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:04 pm

Opening a CC is always an option, but since I already have Chase Sapphire Preferred and a Corporate AMEX, I am trying to avoid that route to maintain my good credit and not have 3+ cards.

I am looking for ways to maximize qualifying miles (on whatever airline is easiest), without a CC.

Besides the award points transfer, can my Chase card help me get any QM?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 6:13 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...s-dollars.html
Old Aug 24, 2015, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Existing CC points wont do much since they can only be convered to RDM and not elite miles. I belive WN you can earn companion pass with just spend but ther are no upgrades to speak of and they stink as an airline for reliabality (ive only had 1 on time flight and the rest delayed at least overnight)

OP can pay for status challenge on AA (The ony US carrier that does not require status in another program to enroll) they can fly X number of miles to complete the challenge and then status match to UA and complete what ever miles are needed to meet their challenge. Then OP can try to get enough spend and miles in every year to keep the status.

Maybe OP can use the miles for paid upgrades? Although i think UA has a copay involved which can be significant.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Hmm, looks like I'll have to change tack a bit. Going to sign up for a United card, keep clocking points, try to get them to match my Virgin America Elevate Silver status to United Premier Silver (long shot, probably) and then burn all my points hitting the mileage/segment requirements in the 90day window.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by ineedhelpwithmath
Hmm, looks like I'll have to change tack a bit. Going to sign up for a United card, keep clocking points, try to get them to match my Virgin America Elevate Silver status to United Premier Silver (long shot, probably) and then burn all my points hitting the mileage/segment requirements in the 90day window.
You really shouldn't do that, IMO. Silver is too low. Mid-tier status is where it starts getting worth it (and may be the sweet spot).
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:36 pm

I see that Chase can't get me QM or QD. Was there any other hotels or partners that can? I know United and Marriott have a partnership. Can you transfer Marriott points to get QM on United?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:41 pm

OP:

You have been on FT all of four days, and have started numerous threads, all of which focus on earning elite status in one way or another. Perhaps you could limit yourself to a single thread on this topic?

Most of the status shortcuts that exist have been explained to you. And like it or not, but for a few exceptions, the airlines are going to expect you to earn your status by sitting on their planes.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
the real question here is - why do you artificially want status so fast, why do you want status in the first place/are you going to use it, and can you requalify at all?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.