Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

please help.. [what airline & flight am I booked on?]

Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:50 am
Original Poster

i want to know what airline and when will be my flight if my employer really booked me because she said she booked me already on december...
Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by yellen75
i want to know what airline and when will be my flight if my employer really booked me because she said she booked me already on december...
You will need to ask her.

Welcome to FT!
Old Aug 23, 2015, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Welcome to FT!

Every flight has number. It starts with a two-character airline code. Most of the codes are two letters, but some use one or two numbers. Most of the early airlines have recognizable codes, like AF for Air France or UA for United Airlines. Those founded in the past, say, 15-20 years often had to settle for what was left, so (for example) JetBlue is B6. You can google any airline code to find out what airline it is.

The next part of the flight number, always digits and almost never more than four of them, is that airline's number for the flight. Flights with that number leave every day. You can probably go to your airline's Web site and search for that flight number on your date of travel. (Airlines sometimes adjust their schedules, so even if you know that Flight 461 leaves at 3 pm on October 1, it may leave at a different time in December.) That will tell you what time it leaves. It will also let you confirm that its origin (where it leaves from) and destination (where it goes) are correct.

It's also possible that you're not booked on a non-stop flight. There are non-stops only between the most popular origin-destination pairs, like New York and Chicago. Other travelers have to stop. If you're lucky you may be on a direct flight: it stops en route to drop some passengers off and take on others, but you stay in your seat and continue to your destination. Other times you may have to connect: collect your belongings, get off your plane, find out what gate your next flight leaves from (ask an airline staff member when you get off or check the departure monitors that are found at frequent intervals at any terminal), and follow the signs to that gate.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's noting lucky about direct flights. Many times there's an aircraft and gate change, so it's just like a connection. In some foreign airports, even if it's the same plane, you still must get off with all of your belongings for security.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by yellen75
How could we possibly know?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.