Wiki Posts
Search

Alliance/Program/CC Recc out of SFO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Dividend Miles
Question Alliance/Program/CC Recc out of SFO

I wish I could say something to make this post more interesting, but it's really just the stock question this thread was made for. I'm a US/Barclay refugee in an AA/Barclay world and looking for greener pastures.

I’m looking for a FF program and a credit card. Up until now I’ve had US Airways and the Barclay CC, which provided 10K elite miles (got me to 50k several years) and lots of free US upgrades. With the conversion to AA and the AA card, the 10k bonus went away and the 500 mile upgrades mean much fewer upgrades.

I’m basically looking for a carrier where I can leverage credit cards and occasional international travel to get frequent domestic upgrades and better customer service.

Thank you!

-- Sal
smile.

(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
- Domestic transcon upgrades
- Customer service during bad situations (e.g. holidays)
- Ability to do mileage runs
- Ability to earn miles with a credit card

(2) How many miles do you usually fly each year & in what class? How many flights/sectors?
Baseline is 5-8 RT/yr, 25-35k, mostly US transcon. Recently one or two flights per year to random destinations (Zurich, Bangkok, Puerto Vallarta, etc.) but nothing consistent enough to make a difference.

(3) What types of fares do you usually buy ?
Premium Economy unless there is a very good PPM fare.

(4) Can you choose your airlines and/or class of service? Airline most flown? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
I can fly any airline but will generally only fly Economy for Premium Economy. Most travel is in the US for pleasure, but one or two international flights per year for work.

(5) Which routes and airlines do you fly most often
In decreasing order:
- US long haul (SFO-NYC, SFO-PIT) 3-5/yr
- US regional (SFO-PDX, SFO-LAX, etc.) 2-3/yr
- International (SFO-ZRH, SFO-BKK) 1-2/yr

(6) What is your home airport?
SFO, but SJC and OAK are feasible. Fly to NYC and PIT most often.

(7) Do you have FFP status of any kind in an airline? What is it? Do you have any miles banked in a FFP?
I have gold and 500k banked in AA. I have a few thousand miles in UA and a few segments with WN.

(8) Preferred Airlines
No real preference, but Delta’s customer service drives me crazy, so it would have to be a huge win in terms of PPM or some other benefit to go with Delta. Since I do mostly US travel, I’m also not a fan of United, but that feeling isn’t nearly as strong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.