Wiki Posts
Search

LAX to BLR - Where to stopover, which airline

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

LAX to BLR - Where to stopover, which airline

Hi,

I stay in Los Angeles (LAX) and planning to go home, Bangalore (BLR) in October. I will have sufficient time, so I am planning to take a stopover for 2 or 3 days in between. But I do not have any place yet. Stopover term is new to me and I am trying to see/search which airlines will give stopover to which cities.
As of now, I can see, Air France can give me stopover at Paris and Emirates can give me stopover at Dubai. Anybody can suggest me other few options or is there tool, which can give me better view instead of searching all airlines and all cities in them ?
That would be great help, if I can get some pointers.

Thanks in advance
Old May 22, 2015, 10:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by abhisheks77
Hi,

I stay in Los Angeles (LAX) and planning to go home, Bangalore (BLR) in October. ...

Thanks in advance
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

We've taken the liberty of moving your query to the Information Desk, as your topic is general and not about one specific airline.

JDiver
Senior Moderator
Old May 22, 2015, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by abhisheks77
Hi,

I stay in Los Angeles (LAX) and planning to go home, Bangalore (BLR) in October. I will have sufficient time, so I am planning to take a stopover for 2 or 3 days in between. But I do not have any place yet. Stopover term is new to me and I am trying to see/search which airlines will give stopover to which cities.
As of now, I can see, Air France can give me stopover at Paris and Emirates can give me stopover at Dubai. Anybody can suggest me other few options or is there tool, which can give me better view instead of searching all airlines and all cities in them ?

Thanks in advance
Where would you like to stop over? You can stop over anywhere you wish. Some fares offer free stopovers; some fares have a charge for a stopover; some fares do not permit stopovers at all, so you would just have to purchase two separate tickets in that case.
Old May 22, 2015, 11:26 pm

What about Doha? You can fly Qatar Airways and stopover in Doha. From what I have read it appears that Doha is a fun city and very welcoming of tourists, to a certain extent maybe better than DXB...And the service provided by Qatar is just fabulous!
Old May 23, 2015, 5:48 am

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
If you go to this website and click on BLR, you can see where the direct flights go, I would assume that might help identify other airlines and connecting points that might be possible to use for a layover.
Old May 23, 2015, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks, it was helpful. With 1 stop, I have options to stopover at Frankfurt, Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Paris, Abu Dhabi and Jeddah.
I have already visited UAE part in past, so I will rule out Abu Dhabi and Dubai, not interested in Jeddah. Other places are interesting. Singapore was also one place, I wanted to visit, but I need to pick with two stops (Los Angeles - Tokyo - Singapore - Bangalore).
Old May 23, 2015, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Do I need to pick same carrier/airlines from my departing city to destination city (including few days of stopover in between) ? If I pick combination of airlines, it is coming cheaper to me. I was checking Los Angeles - Paris (stay for few days) - Bangalore. While coming back, I can pick any route (Bangalore to Los Angeles), which cheaper to me.
I am just trying to understand, if this is airlines, who arranges/allows stopover OR if we have appropriate visa, we can stay/visit and pick any flight for further journey ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.