Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

How to combine points [Consolidated]

Old May 10, 2015, 4:11 am

I have points with Air Canada (Aeroplan), Singapore (Krisflyer) and Emirates (Skywards). Is there any to combine them?

Last edited by beckoa; Jul 7, 2015 at 5:38 am Reason: updated title
Old May 10, 2015, 4:51 am

How to combine points (New at this)

not easily no
Old May 10, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The one thing to consider is: If they allow one-way award trip bookings (some airline programs do and other don't, and I'm not familiar with these three), then you can book one direction with one airline program (if you have enough miles/points there for one direction) and the other direction with another airline program. That way you don't have to combine to be able to do a round-trip award if you don't have quite enough for a round-trip award with any one of them.

But outright combining is usually not possible between airlines, and when it is possible you lose a tremendous amount of value (easily 80% or more!) in the process, so it's pretty much never worth it even when it is possible.
Old May 10, 2015, 8:40 am

never do this before. Sorry no comment.
Old May 10, 2015, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The short answer is you can't. They are all separate programmes.
Old May 10, 2015, 12:26 pm

Thank you all for replying
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:38 pm

How to combine / trade miles across platforms?

Hi folks,

Great forum so far!

I have points and miles across various programs ( hh, AA, MR, chase, etc)

Is there a convenient way to consolidate or trade these Into the program that I want?

Thanks
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Nothing thats a good deal. I mean there is points.com but the ratios are crap

1,000 Membership Rewards® Points can be turned into 1500 HH points
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...oints-new.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20172007-post891.html
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta/United/Hilton/SPG/Hertz
New to the forum with questions

Good afternoon -

I have been a lurker on they site for a bit now and finally registered. I have a question that I hope I can get some advice on.

1) I'm currently a Delta Silver member but I have about 90k miles on United (service is garbage out of Buffalo and the #1 reason I switched to Delta, along with costs of flights and schedules). Is there anyway of moving my united miles to delta without it costing me too much pain? I have thought about converting them into GCs but the rate appears to be horrible and I'd rather have the miles for vacation(s)

If I did not post this in the right thread, I apologize in advance

Thanks,
Scott
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

scottkoz20 Welcome to FT
Originally Posted by scottkoz20
.. Is there anyway of moving my United miles to Delta without it costing me too much pain?
No. Effectively miles cannot be moved between ffp's
www.points.com works for some but at poor conversion rate
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/index.html works for some but at poor conversion rate

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Aug 2, 2015 at 10:25 pm Reason: added SPG
Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Note that for international award travel (including to Mexico and the Caribbean), redeeming UA miles on AC out of ROC and YYZ is an option. UA miles can also be redeemed from YYZ (but not from ROC) to a U.S. destination on AC.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: Delta/United/Hilton/SPG/Hertz
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Note that for international award travel (including to Mexico and the Caribbean), redeeming UA miles on AC out of ROC and YYZ is an option. UA miles can also be redeemed from YYZ (but not from ROC) to a U.S. destination on AC.
the AC option is something I didn't think about. I have thought about CLE (gives me reason to see an Indians game! )
Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:41 pm

Combining alaska & delta points?

Im a total newb to the miles game. Can I combine alaska and delta points to use for one Delta flight? Or am I just doing wishful thinking?

I know I can use alaska points on a delta flight...

Thanks
Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can't combine the miles, but you might be able to use them for a single trip.

DL miles can be used for one way award tickets. If AS miles can also be used for one way award tickets, you could form a round trip by using DL miles in one direction and AS (or other) miles for the other direction. Just be sure that the flights you want in each are available for reasonable numbers of miles in the respective programs. Be aware that if you cancel the trip, you'll need to pay the cancel/redeposit fees to both programs, currently $150 for DL if you're not a DL elite.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.