Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Mistake on Date of Birth on my Flight ticket

Mistake on Date of Birth on my Flight ticket

Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:04 pm

One's date of birth is not part of the ticket; except in the case where ticket is issued on a minor's-only or senior's-only fare. However, one's date of birth is recorded on the associated reservation regardless of age.

A phone call should be able to fix OP's reservation error.

Last edited by Indelaware; Aug 24, 2015 at 2:07 pm
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Exp, United Silver, Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Indelaware
One's date of birth is not part of the ticket; except in the case where ticket is issued on a minor's-only or senior's-only fare. However, one's date of birth is recording on the associated reservation regardless of age.

A phone call should be able to fix OP's reservation error.
Thank You. I will give them a call and see what they say.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:15 am

Hi!

Booked a very small domestic hop on United for my parents, but realized I put each others DoB’s in the other persons record by mistake.

Should I call to get it fixed, or, since it’s domestic (EWR-ATL), should I even bother?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I wouldn't bother. It's unlikely anyone will notice.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
... Should I call to get it fixed, or, since its domestic (EWR-ATL), should I even bother?
I agree that they're unlikely to notice. The people who check IDs against tickets will not see a DOB on the ticket. The only people who have access to both pieces of information are airline gate or check-in agents. They are unlikely to compare them and even less likely to care if they don't match.

However, in the very unlikely event that one of them says something, since they're both there, they only have to explain that the person who booked their tickets reversed the birth dates. The agent can easily confirm this. Again, no problem.

The only time there will be a problem is if someone known to TSA as a potential troublemaker has the name of one of your parents and the birth date of the other. While I don't know any of those four data items and have no access to TSA databases, I suspect we can safely ignore that possibility.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Efrem
I agree that they're unlikely to notice. The people who check IDs against tickets will not see a DOB on the ticket. The only people who have access to both pieces of information are airline gate or check-in agents. They are unlikely to compare them and even less likely to care if they don't match.

However, in the very unlikely event that one of them says something, since they're both there, they only have to explain that the person who booked their tickets reversed the birth dates. The agent can easily confirm this. Again, no problem.

The only time there will be a problem is if someone known to TSA as a potential troublemaker has the name of one of your parents and the birth date of the other. While I don't know any of those four data items and have no access to TSA databases, I suspect we can safely ignore that possibility.
If you are using a KTN pre TSA check #it matters. I'm trying to get one of my up coming flights fixed. My office put my day as 21 instead of 29.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.