Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights from IAH or DFW airports

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Flights from IAH or DFW airports

Hello, I'm curious about flights from the two airports in the title. I currently live in Austin and can commute to one of the two cities to fly out.

I am trying to take a trip at the end of May or first week or so of June, and if that does not work out it may be the 2nd or 3rd week of August. The trip will have 5-6 people on pretty strict budgets. (i have taken a trip(s) to Europe and Asia in the last few years to travel so I'm not a complete novice)

What I'm curious about is the chances a flight to Europe or Asia from one of these 2 cities going down to the $600-$700 range at some point for trips in that range. The only thing I'm seeing at the moment is a flight from IAH to Istanbul which is too early in May, and also a flight from IAH to Hong Kong which is in April. Either of those 2 cities would be fine. To an extent the friends I'm traveling with are fairly open to where we go.

Are those prices achievable at some point from people's experience to those cities or places like it later at some point?

thanks for anyone with help.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

i should ad the two trips i mentioned to istanbul and hongkong are both in the $600-$650 range.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
No one can tell you definitively what the prices will or can be. If you find a destination with dates and price you're comfortable with then book it. If you're flexible on dates and willing to risk not going due to price being too high then just wait and see.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikelat
No one can tell you definitively what the prices will or can be. If you find a destination with dates and price you're comfortable with then book it. If you're flexible on dates and willing to risk not going due to price being too high then just wait and see.
thank you. i understand what you are saying.

i just know there are some people that are very knowledgeable about annual trends for airfare prices. i know though that every year things are different, when you account for things like oil prices, exchange rates, state of economy, inflation etc.

it was a shot in the dark i guess
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Dallas and Houston, being fortress hubs, attract fare wars from airlines other than the those who use those hubs.

There will probably be deals, the question is whether they will work for you. Sites that specifically track deals from those airports are cheapdfw.com and escapehouston.com and, just in case, escapeatx.com for the rare Austin and San Antonio deals. I subscribe to all 3.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
Dallas and Houston, being fortress hubs, attract fare wars from airlines other than the those who use those hubs.

There will probably be deals, the question is whether they will work for you. Sites that specifically track deals from those airports are cheapdfw.com and escapehouston.com and, just in case, escapeatx.com for the rare Austin and San Antonio deals. I subscribe to all 3.
i had no idea cities had specific deal sites. thank you
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT (fmr EXP), UA SLV, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier (LTG), IHG Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by KennyBSAT

This is great, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.