Wiki Posts
Search

Frankfurt transit 5 hours

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Frankfurt transit 5 hours

Hello,

I am traveling from Mumbai to Helsinki via Frankfurt. The transit time is 5 hours. Since I am traveling to Helsinki, I have Schengen visa. Can you please help me figure out what I should do in the transit time? I would prefer exploring Frankfurt for a bit, if its not much of a hassle
My flight schedule is such that I am to land in Frankfurt at 8:00 am and start for Helsinki at 1:30 pm.

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Apr 8, 2015 at 12:18 am
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Welcome to FT!

The Frankfurt Airport has an S-Bahn (Metro) station with trains running to the center of Frankfurt in one direction and to the center of Mainz in the other direction. Mainz is a much more interesting city to visit, with an attractive old city, a beautiful cathedral, and a copy of a Gutenberg Bible. Five hours does not give you much time, but a quick trip would be possible, and the places of interest are close to each other.

Last edited by JPG3392; Mar 30, 2015 at 6:23 pm Reason: Corrected typo.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
A useful site for getting the best out of a long layover is

www.layoverguide.com
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:53 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Mainz is nice. Everything's pretty close to the main station (though the Roman Ship Museum / Museum für Antike Schifffahrt and Roman Theatre are closer to the Mainz Römisches Theater station.

Gutenberg's workshop, the Dom, etc. are closer to the Hauptbahnhof / main station.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Mainz
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk. As this query is off topic for this forum, the thread has been closed to further discussion. Please take a look at FT's dedicated Germany forum, which can be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany-626/

There is bound to be plenty of existing discussion about Frankfurt layovers, but if you still have questions after reading, please feel free to post in one of the existing threads in that forum.

Good luck, and safe travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.