FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Information Desk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk-730/)
-   -   Best published hotel deal you have received (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk/1631183-best-published-hotel-deal-you-have-received.html)

jologolf Nov 24, 2014 6:12 am

Best published hotel deal you have received

I'm curious as to the biggest published discount you have received for your stay at a hotel or resort.

For me, last year, I stayed at the Ritz Carlton in San Juan Puerto Rico. Stayed there for 4 nights @ $199 per night which included a resort credit of $100 per day and free breakfast for 2 (which normally costs about $35 person).

Would love to hear where and when you got your deal.

JumboJet Nov 24, 2014 6:25 am

A couple of years ago a $99CAN/night with $50 breakfast cert for a Junior suite at the 4 seasons in Vancouver. It was cheaper than the Holiday Inn.

Grog Nov 24, 2014 11:40 am

I think this counts as published:

Hyatt in Mainz, Germany. About 4 years ago. €99 weekend rate, valid on any available room in the hotel. Their suites (90 sq mtrs, with a dining table for 8) weren't explicitly excluded so I asked if one was available and was given one. Never saw that offer ever again; it was quickly "de-published" thereafter.

JacquelineB Nov 24, 2014 11:50 am

Wow that's an amazing deal. I often forget to ask for a 'free' upgrade. Good reminder.

obscure2k Nov 24, 2014 11:55 am

Please follow this thread in the Hotel Deals Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

drvannostren Nov 24, 2014 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by JumboJet (Post 23888901)
A couple of years ago a $99CAN/night with $50 breakfast cert for a Junior suite at the 4 seasons in Vancouver. It was cheaper than the Holiday Inn.

At that price and with how much I'm actually home I could live there and save money plus better location than my apartment!

heraclitus Nov 25, 2014 2:07 pm

I scored my first really awesome deal earlier this month when Amex out-of-the-blue gave Canadian gold card holders a $50 travel credit.

I logged on to the Amex Travel site and found a room at the YVR Fairmont (Fairmont Gold, no less, which typically runs around $300) for $57. Applied the $50 credit, total out of pocket cost: $7

Just a godsend considering it's right in the terminal and I have an overnight connection with very early flight out. Needless to say my first time using Amex Travel won't be the last :)

Firewind Nov 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Sea Crest Beach Hotel in Falmouth (Cape Cod), ~ $20/night, first three days of December 2013, thank you very much Chokdee or whom, on this board? Turned out that it was bookended by two conferences, but otherwise would have been in the dead zone of the year for Cape Cod. Ocean view suite with fireplace, breakfast, very recently updated everything else in the room, so like new.

In another context, spontaneously being put back into the suite (old fashioned with bookcases and books etc.) that I'd been upgraded to for the prior night at the Hilton Crystal City, in the face of a snowstorm and IRROPS -- for the rate I'd had the night before. I had actually left the hotel. "Did you like the room you were in?" :eek:

A very good deal can be relative. :)

indelible Nov 25, 2014 5:32 pm

$15/night @ the Rio during the week of CES, this was about 4 years ago. Went to their website, clicked around the dates and it just came up at that rate. No coupons or promo codes required.

I wasn't the only person to stay at that rate either

DealAddict Nov 25, 2014 6:06 pm

$75 a night for a Queen room at the Lexington New york City in NYC last week of October October for 8 nights using Marriott's Look No Further guarantee. There was a freakish rate of $100 elsewhere, and I got 25 % off with Look No Further. I upgraded the room though and paid $ 80 more per night for a junior suite (i.e. 150ish per night)

howtofreetravel Nov 26, 2014 6:32 pm

Not exactly published but i went to Vegas got lucky with the tables ( pai gow) and just cycled 500 dollars (my bank roll) for a few days. I got a suite, 800 dollars in food a limo comped club night which i spent 300 dollars at + never paid entry for any club.