Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help choose a vacation for me based on availability

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Help choose a vacation for me based on availability

Having trouble looking for award availability for a vacation Jan 17-24th. I could leave 26th late from LAX

I would like Business class at the cheapest price and have enough points in AA, Chase UR looking to spend maybe 100-125k round trip?

I was originally looking for Budapest but can't a non BA LHR flight(fuel surcharges way too much), and cant find anything to asia.

Preferences are somewhere cheap, I'm a solo male traveler probably staying in a hostel. Not sure if i'm specifically looking for something, I enjoy the city seen and outdoor scene. Was thinking about Scuba in central america Caribbean, but was already planning on belize in may.

Thoughts ideas, award availability?! Oh, I like to eat delicious cheap food....

Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Have you had a look at this webpage?
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...averaward.aspx
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by goober153
Having trouble looking for award availability for a vacation Jan 17-24th. I could leave 26th late from LAX

I would like Business class at the cheapest price and have enough points in AA, Chase UR looking to spend maybe 100-125k round trip?

I was originally looking for Budapest but can't a non BA LHR flight(fuel surcharges way too much), and cant find anything to asia.

Preferences are somewhere cheap, I'm a solo male traveler probably staying in a hostel. Not sure if i'm specifically looking for something, I enjoy the city seen and outdoor scene. Was thinking about Scuba in central america Caribbean, but was already planning on belize in may.

Thoughts ideas, award availability?! Oh, I like to eat delicious cheap food....

Thanks!
If you can find flights to LHR on non-BA metal, you could transfer UR points to BAEC, and redeem LHR-BUD on BA for 7,500 Avios + ~ $28 USD one way in Economy as a "Reward Flight Saver." @:-)
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: AS MVP
Have you looked for flight on CX, JAL, TN, or IB? None of those show up on aa.com.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Prague might be a good substitute for Budapest.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
There's J availability on TN LAX-CDG on both 1/17 and 1/18. Have to call AA to book. Getting to BUD would still require 2 stops, and either an overnight in HEL or a CDG-ORY transit AND an overnight in TXL. Decent availability on IB from both ORD and JFK throughout the week you're considering, but that will be at least 3 stops to get to BUD since IB doesn't fly MAD-BUD.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the help! Still not finding anything to Asia, I will try lax cdg
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by goober153
Thanks for the help! Still not finding anything to Asia, I will try lax cdg
You need to use ba.com or qantas.com (register for a free account if you don't have one) to see oneworld availability on CX and JAL. There's very little availability to Asia that will show on aa.com, but everything you see on ba.com or qantas.com is bookable with AA miles at saver level (subject to AA's routing rules, but that just means you can't route through other continents).
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Yea even with ba search engine not much to Asia. I'm assuming lax one world flies to pretty much to nrt, icn, and hkg?

Found the tn flight, thinking might use it on return to work in a one way to Hawaii. The departure is late, if I go through jfk I can get another 12 hours in bud
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Go to Puerto Vallarta. Beautiful that time of year, reasonably cheap. PM me if you want decent cheap hotel ideas.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:58 am
Original Poster

my last trips were to mexico and peru, kinda holding off on latin america now. Since this is one of my longer vacations I want to go far(minus africa, saved for next year) Most of the europe flights are taking me 24 hours of travel each way giving me only about 4 full days somewhere.

Any more ideas??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.