FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Information Desk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk-730/)
-   -   Singapore first class lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk/1619817-singapore-first-class-lounges.html)

pilot1976 Oct 11, 2014 1:00 pm

Singapore first class lounges

Hi All

i am travelling to Singapore with British Airways in Jan and was wondering if anyone knows what is the best First class lounge i can use? Also, if there is any private room to have a sleep before the flight? if yes do i need to book them? How?

Many Thanks

IanAsiaTraveller Oct 12, 2014 5:17 am

Do I take it that you'll be flying from LHR so that you're seeking information on lounges at T5? And are you flying in F or are you entitled to lounge access due to BAEC status?

LondonElite Oct 12, 2014 7:26 am

If you a flying in First, you can use the Concorde Room in LHR, as well as Galleries First. You can book a Cabana in the CR for up to four hours, if you want to have a nap, though it's really just a big toilet with an anteroom that has a sofa and desk. Unless you like to hang out in windowless rooms near lavatory facilities, I suggest you skip that and spend more time in the lounge itself.

You will not have access to any lounges in SIN upon arrival.

pilot1976 Oct 13, 2014 6:59 am

Thank you..i am aware of the T5 lounges but what about in SIngapore? is there a lounge with Cabanas?

nux Oct 13, 2014 7:03 am

Originally Posted by pilot1976 (Post 23668875)
Thank you..i am aware of the T5 lounges but what about in SIngapore? is there a lounge with Cabanas?

Do you mean on your arrival at Singapore or prior to your return flight? There are no arrivals lounges for BA F in Singapore.

You can use either the BA or QF lounge, both of which are business class lounges. There is currently no first class lounge at Singapore. There are no lounges you can enter that have private rooms/cabanas.

I prefer the QF lounge. See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...re-latest.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-changing.html

pilot1976 Oct 13, 2014 8:11 am

Thank you nux, yes i was looking at lounges in Singapore on my return flight...

sqyf Oct 13, 2014 8:29 am

Originally Posted by pilot1976 (Post 23669210)
Thank you nux, yes i was looking at lounges in Singapore on my return flight...

Hello pilot1976, QF and BA both have very comfortable lounges at Changi Airport Terminal 1.

Both the QF and BA lounges are combined Business/First lounges, with no separate space allocated for F. Both are Oneworld lounges for eligible (i.e. Sapphire/Emerald) frequent flyers.

I have a slight preference for the QF lounge because it is larger, and also for greater variety of food on offer, as well as an open kitchen serving up daily specials inspired by Neil Perry's Spice Temple restaurant.

Some pictures of the lounges, and the catering offered, are available at the links below:

QF Lounge at SIN (SQTalk TR) from Oct 2013

BA Lounge at SIN (SQTalk TR) from Sep 2013

Both lounges have showers. I don't recall a sleeping/resting zone in either lounge though, and there are no cabanas either.

There is an airside transit hotel in T1 if you need a private room to rest (on a paid basis) if you have an extended transit stop in SIN prior to your BA flight to LHR. The transit hotel in T1 even has a small rooftop swimming pool.

On a separate but related topic, note that BA has two flights a day to LHR out of SIN. One is operated by a 77W with the new cabin product in all classes. The other is a 744 service, which has the old Y and Premium Y product (unless the cabins have recently been refurbished). For travellers in Y or Premium, go for the 77W if at all possible, because the hard product is much better on that equipment.

LondonElite Oct 13, 2014 11:52 am

Originally Posted by pilot1976 (Post 23668875)

In terms of sleep strategy, I would suggest that you don't sleep at all before your return SIN-LHR flight. Indeed, I would stay up an extra couple of hours on that flight which gets in at a completely stupid time in LHR. If you enjoy a light dinner and a few drinks, along with a movie, you get a decent sleep before being woken at 445am UK time.

pilot1976 Oct 14, 2014 2:44 am

Thank you everyone... i am travelling on the BA15/BA16 which i am assuming i will have the old cabin?

nux Oct 14, 2014 2:49 am

Originally Posted by pilot1976 (Post 23673637)
Thank you everyone... i am travelling on the BA15/BA16 which i am assuming i will have the old cabin?

No it will be New First. All 777's have NF (excluding those without a first cabin of course).

pilot1976 Oct 14, 2014 2:56 am

ok now i get it :)

Thank you

wendyg Oct 14, 2014 10:33 am

Relating to this same flight, I'm booked to fly BA15 from SYD to LHR with of course a stop in SIN. So would like to know: are we allowed off the plane during the stop? And if we are, how much time do we have before we have to be back at the gate?

Much obliged.

wg

nux Oct 14, 2014 10:39 am

Originally Posted by wendyg (Post 23675481)
Relating to this same flight, I'm booked to fly BA15 from SYD to LHR with of course a stop in SIN. So would like to know: are we allowed off the plane during the stop? And if we are, how much time do we have before we have to be back at the gate?

You cannot remain on the plane, and you must take all your belongings with you.

You will have about 1hr before you need to be back at the gate.

MSPeconomist Oct 14, 2014 11:32 am

There's a public pool in T1 that can be used for a fee (which IIRC includes a shower, towel, and a nonalcoholic beverage) if you're not staying at the transit hotel. If closes in the middle of the night.

If OP is a PP member, there's a new PP lounge at SIN that's land side so that it could be used as an arrivals lounge. I've never tried to use it.

wendyg Oct 14, 2014 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by nux (Post 23675521)
You cannot remain on the plane, and you must take all your belongings with you.

You will have about 1hr before you need to be back at the gate.

Thanks. That seems bizarre, given that it's a single flight number and the same plane. Still, I guess most people would rather have a break in such a long flight and I guess they don't want to be responsible for belongings. Dare I presume we do not have to go through security again?

wg