Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

What's Your Favrotie Accommodation Comparison Site?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:03 am
Original Poster

I generally use Expedia, and have found some different offers on sites like Kayak and Booking.com.

However, there are these new ones that seem to have even more content. I was using Room77.com which is a pretty nice site and just started using about AllTheRooms.com, which actually seems to have hotels, vacation rentals like AirBNB, even hostels and other room rentals all in one search.

Anyway I'm curious what everyone else uses. I'm going to be travelling across the country and am pretty open with where I stay.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:09 am

I think Oyster is pretty helpful. There is a listing of pros and cons for each property which is nice because if you are traveling for pleasure it may not be important to you that the business center of a property is not highly rated. The downside to Oyster is that it does not include many smaller cities.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: AS MVP
I use hotelscombined.com almost exclusively, which to me is the ITA matrix of hotel search engines. But it only includes hotels and some hostels. I've not used alltherooms.com. Will have to take it for a test drive.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I often start with TripAdvisor, or Kayak in one tab Ifor prices) and TripAdvisor in another. (Trip Advisor can show prices too, but not as thoroughly as Kayak or other "aggregator" sites.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, Accor Gold
I haven't had very positive experiences with comparison websites so, as long as I have the time, I tend to search at least one of hotels.com, booking.com or (good for Asia) agoda.com.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

q. What's my favorite...knife?

a. Depends on the task.

applies here.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:26 am

I've had good experiences with trivago.com and hipmunk.com lately.

It is also worth looking at tingo.com if you're booking way in advance. It is not a comparison site but you can book a few "money back when the price drops" hotels, and then wait until a few days before you're going to leave, choose the best one and cancel the rest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.