Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Newbie Based In Asia Looking For Advice!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

First of all can I just mention that this forum is great I’ve learn so much. I’m a new to this whole miles thing, I can sign up for US credit offers but I live in Hong Kong and will be doing the bulk of my travelling out here. In order of priority my flying plans are:

1) Doing lots of short haul flights in Asia i.e. HK -> Bangkok, HK -> Cebu beach holiday weekend getaways.
2) Honeymoon trip to Maldives fully paid for by miles (in 1 year)
3) 1-2 week trips to USA / Europe

I current am just starting and have a score of 729 have the following cards:

1) Chase Sapphire Preferred 40k sign on points
2) Bofa Alaska Airline 25k sign on points
3) Amex starwood 25k sign on points

I am planning to sign up to

1) Chase british airways card 50k sign on points
2) Chase Hyatt card
3) Chase Business Inc card
4) Citi AA card 30k sign on bonus

My limited understanding is that British Avios points is distance based so this is the best for short haul flights between Hong Kong and other Asian destinations?

I am currently putting all my spend on the British Airways card to accrue avios points I have zero at the moment once I hit the min spend in all the other cards.

As I am flying mainly out of Hong Kong I should be accruing points in the oneworld alliance is that right?

Any tips on what strategy to follow and am I on the right steps? Thanks so much in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.