Original Member
Original Poster

Talking Help with claiming ff points

HI all

Its been a while since I last posted - in fact

Welcome, ffhound.
You last visited: May 29, 07 at 9:26 am

7 years!

Anyway I have a question. My in-laws have just returned to Melbourne Australia from a trip to Europe flying Singapore Airlines. They still have their boarding passes (economy, probably discount economy).

But they are not a member of any frequent flyer program.

There are probably a number of programs they can sign up for but is there any one that would give them maximum advantage eg because there was a special promotion on.

hoping someone can help.

cheers Peter
Old Sep 16, 14, 6:23 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
SQ Krisflyer allows retroactive mileage claim if the flight was prior to enrolment (for SQ flights only):
http://www.singaporeair.com/register...form?showTnC=y

You could credit to another *A carrier program but would firstly need to find the fare bucket they were booked in and whether that would earn any miles in that program, then check whether that program actually allows retro credit prior to enrolment for an SQ flight.

For example, Aegean provides no credit for SQ flights booked in O, I, X, N, G, Q, T, V. They credit 100% for all other economy fare buckets, and a MEL-SIN-Europe return would likely earn enough for Aegean Gold (*A Gold).
Old Sep 16, 14, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome back !!

Not being a member of a ffp at the time of the flight will be an issue. Look here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html Post 2 has a little on retro credit and a link to a thread on that topic

Search this Thread
Search Engine: