Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Need recommendation for debit/gift card for use internationally.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG-Hyatt-IHG-UA-AA-MR-UR

I'm looking to give a debit/gift card that can be used domestically as well as in East Asia (specifically, HK). Any recommendations?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:42 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
The cash passport would work but i think the best thing is top open a bank account with
Charles Schwab: Receive full reimbursements at the end of every month for any ATM fees incurred, anywhere if you have the Schwab Bank Visa Platinum debit card, a High Yield Investor account, or a Max Rate checking account with at least a $5,000 balance.
I believe there is no minimum balance for the high yield investor account.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Gold
I second that. The charles schwab debit card is great. no foreign transaction fees and all atm fees refunded at the end of the month. Saves me hundreds of dollars
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I think the OP is looking for something as a one-time gift to someone. If so, google for international gift cards (or similar) and a variety of options are out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.