Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Business Class DXB-MNL in June: QR or CX?

Old May 18, 14, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, WY Silver, IHG Gold

Problem... I am torn between two airlines. Cathay Pacific and Qatar Airways. I am planning to travel alone from DXB to MNL in June for 2 weeks. They are both cheap for J travel although I need your advise on which one to take.

DXB-DOH-MNL on QR is around USD2000
DXB-HKG-MNL on CX is around USD1650

I have tried QR in J for traveling to Singapore before and I have no complaints about it.

I have traveled CX in J before but only for a 3 hour flight, also no complaints.

QR for me seems better with the soft product than CX with the PJs being given on J. Also, QR would have moved to the new airport. I will be able to reach QR silver if I make this trip with them.

However, the seats on CX seems to be better on the long haul flight from DXB-HKG-DXB with aisle access for everyone with your personal space.

I need help on which one to choose...

EK and EY are out of the list as they are USD 1000 more...

Last edited by Gerard86; May 18, 14 at 5:49 am Reason: Addl info...
Old May 20, 14, 10:09 am

I haven't flown QR in J, so I'm not a great help. My comments are just that you might consider that CX has several flights to MNL a day, so if you run into IRROPS or weather, you will have more options.

For seat and flight review, probably the best thing to do is check in the individual forums that cover those airlines, and also to look at the trip reports. There are many trip reports on CX, and I would wager also on QR.
Old May 21, 14, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold

Please note that FlyerTalk rules prohibit cross-posting:
Cross-Posting
Don't post your topic more than once. Duplicate threads or posts will be deleted, combined or locked. You may cross reference a post in another forum. For example, if you are questioning whether American Airlines or United Airlines may be the best fit for you, post the primary question in perhaps the American forum and then post a link to that thread in the United forum.
Since the OP has also posted this query in the Cathay forum where s/he is receiving more responses, I've locked this thread to further replies. Those interested in the discussion may follow it at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...une-cx-qr.html

Members who feel their posts are be better suited to a different forum should use the moderator alert button in the lower left corner of the post to let moderators know where it should be moved.

Thanks!

~Moderator

Search this Thread