Search

Membercard = free luggage?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2014, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, LH miles and more
Question Membercard = free luggage?

Hi there.
Newbie in Flyertalk (have read often from outside, but now joined) would very much like to know, if any of you wise people know of other airlines than KLM, who offer free luggage from the moment you join the Frequent Flyer Club?

http://www.flyingblue.com/about-flyi...ts.html#levels

I have just joined Flying Blue and am very pleased to get 1 piece of free luggage even on the cheapest tickets. Now I would really like to know about other airlines with the same benefits. Also in the US. Many thanks.
Old May 15, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Welcome to Flyertalk. None of the US carriers give a free luggage benefit simply for being a member of their frequent flyer program. Note that Jetblue and Southwest have the first checked bag free for everyone, and many other carriers have one free checked bag on certain kinds of flights for everyone.

As there are hundreds of carriers out there, I advise checking the websites of airlines you are interested in.
Old May 15, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk! Most airlines offer free checked bags to holders of premium cabin tickets, elite status members and/or those with affiliated credit cards.

As you've noted, there are exceptions. For example, Southwest Airlines is a low-cost carrier (LCC) in the USA that includes checked bags in all of its fares at no additional charge.

Adam1222 is correct that it's probably most sensible to determine which airlines you might realistically be flying, and then research their fare structures and program benefits.

Good luck and safe travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.