Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

NY to Beijing CHINA. Can I do better than $1700

NY to Beijing CHINA. Can I do better than $1700

Old May 15, 14, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Smile NY to Beijing CHINA. Can I do better than $1700

hi guys! New traveler looking to enjoy & live a full life for the rest of my 20s.

Are there any other ways to get to China for cheap? Should I just book the cheapest flight I could find now or wait?

I can not find a flight cheaper than $1700

Travel : July 7 - August 18 Flexible. To Beijing or Northeast closest to Shaolin schools & back to NY

I am going to a wedding in China in August. I want to study Martial arts at a Shaolin school for a month before the wedding. This i will achieve.

Since, starting my journey:

1. I applied for a credit card (AMEX)specifically for travel rewards, trying to get referral or bonus points from other sites like Expedia for signing up.
2. I don't read write/mandarin so im learning a word a day

Goals:
1. I want to book a roundtrip from NY to Beijing in the week of July 7 and come back to NY on August 19. The dates are flexible going. But coming back I wanted to have a layover in Korea for a day or 2.
2. I can go to Beijing and come back directly but I want to weigh how much it would cost
3. The dates are flexible I want the lowest prices. A layover in Korea will be nice but not mandatory. Please provide me with multiple options to compare.
PS- Expedia offers a promo for joining their service or downloading their mobile app. Do any others do that? Or any promo code for international travel?

Last edited by bksfinest; May 15, 14 at 1:26 am
Old May 15, 14, 1:50 am

Swiss Air:

SWISS
EWR 9:55p → PEK 5:15a 19h 20m 1 stop (ZRH)
PEK 6:45a → EWR 8:10p 25h 25m 1 stop (ZRH)

$1640.

There's a cheaper option on aeroflot for $1300 but will only work if you are okay with ridiculously long flight times and are a russian national/don't need russian visa.

Get an amex card which gives 5% off on travel, that's your best bet.
Old May 15, 14, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by noamaan View Post
There's a cheaper option on aeroflot for $1300 but will only work if you are okay with ridiculously long flight times and are a russian national/don't need russian visa.
If he's simply transferring in SVO he doesn't need a visa.

Search this Thread