Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Itinerary? Sorry I don't understand what it's for?

Itinerary? Sorry I don't understand what it's for?

Old May 14, 14, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Question Itinerary? Sorry I don't understand what it's for?

Hello,

I'm curious as to what the purpose/point of the itinerary section is?
Ya it's probably a dumb question, but I thought I'd ask anyways...

Thanks in advance!

- dumb n00b. lol
Old May 15, 14, 7:04 am

Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Some people like following others' travels, or meeting up with fellow travelers. Flyertalk was initially conceived as a community.

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; May 15, 14 at 10:07 am Reason: Removed snarky bits, not appropriate for the info desk
Old May 15, 14, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk, iceblueshoes. It's not completely clear what you are asking, but it appears you may be referring to the Itineraries forum or Flight Connect calendar that is listed in the Community category of the forum index.

If so, then the previous poster is correct. FlyerTalk is first and foremost a community of people who share an interest in travel, and the fora listed in the Community category are devoted to the more human, community aspect of FlyerTalk. Many members are interested in meeting their fellow FTers in person. The Flight Connect calendar is an easy way of letting others know your airport and flight info in case an FTer with the same or similar itinerary would like to meet up in an airport lounge, in flight, etc.

If you spend some time exploring FT's other fora, you will find a number meet-up threads dedicated to same purpose, such as http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ng-thread.html or the BA http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html . You can also see the CommunityBuzz forum where FlyerTalk DOs and regional meet-ups are planned and promoted.

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; May 15, 14 at 10:37 am
Old May 16, 14, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
Some people like following others' travels, or meeting up with fellow travelers. Flyertalk was initially conceived as a community.
Originally Posted by aBroadAbroad View Post
Welcome to FlyerTalk, iceblueshoes. It's not completely clear what you are asking, but it appears you may be referring to the Itineraries forum or Flight Connect calendar that is listed in the Community category of the forum index.

If so, then the previous poster is correct. FlyerTalk is first and foremost a community of people who share an interest in travel, and the fora listed in the Community category are devoted to the more human, community aspect of FlyerTalk. Many members are interested in meeting their fellow FTers in person. The Flight Connect calendar is an easy way of letting others know your airport and flight info in case an FTer with the same or similar itinerary would like to meet up in an airport lounge, in flight, etc.

If you spend some time exploring FT's other fora, you will find a number meet-up threads dedicated to same purpose, such as http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ng-thread.html or the BA http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html . You can also see the CommunityBuzz forum where FlyerTalk DOs and regional meet-ups are planned and promoted.
Thanks guys.
I guess since I'm new, I'm a lil slow. But that answered my question.

Maybe I'll see someone during my month long trip to Asia.

I swear I'm not a gate lice if I'm checking luggage! lol
Old May 16, 14, 2:52 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by iceblueshoes View Post
I swear I'm not a gate lice if I'm checking luggage! lol
I'm definitely what people like to call gate lice. Doesn't matter if I have elite status, flying F or C, or what; I will get myself nice and early in that line.
Old Dec 13, 16, 9:08 pm

I am trying to retrieve a flight itinerary for a previous flight. How do I do that
Old Dec 13, 16, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Check your emails? Airlines usually delete PNR records from user-accessible sources after the flight so you might have to call the airline.

Search this Thread