Wiki Posts
Search

SYD to PVG / NRT

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2014, 7:06 am
Original Poster

SYD to PVG / NRT

hello there,

I was wondering what would be the best availability / miles option for a biz seat from SYD to PVG or NRT.

I have miles/points on UA, AA, BA, TK, Delta, SPG, AMEX PRG, Chase UR.

thanks / meric
Old May 5, 2014, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

You can check QF award availability on aa.com. For availability involving CX, JL, and/or MH, you need to call AA if you want to redeem AA miles. (You can also search availability for these carriers on ba.com before calling AA, but you might need to search segment-by-segment if connections are involved.)
Old May 6, 2014, 7:10 am

If you're willing to do a one-stop, any chance to burn Delta miles would be good. I'm not up to date though on how to get KE space. But I hear China Southern has lots of space to the US, not sure how they do to OZ.

On the other hand, TG is bookable with UA miles and usually has decent availability to OZ too from what I read on here. NZ has lots of space as well on their flights to NRT when I was looking a few months ago. They're bookable with UA miles, if they have any space through their hub. They are known for being stingy though on their TPac routes, so maybe it's dried up to NRT.
Old May 6, 2014, 7:46 am
Original Poster

for PVG,

AA.com shows QF availability. Y for 25k, nothing available in J.

united.com shows good availability in J nonstop or 1 stop ( bkk ) for 40k miles.

delta.com does not show anything. how can I search for skyteam partner award ?

I have expert flyer but I don't know if I can search an alliance availability with it.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:09 pm

I don't fly DL much anymore and so I'm not sure myself. From what I remember, Delta partners can be tough to book. Korean, China Southern, and Garuda might all require a call. But you should check the Delta forum or read up on the blogs, they often have tutorials on how to book with partners.
Old May 9, 2014, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Meric
for PVG,

AA.com shows QF availability. Y for 25k, nothing available in J.

united.com shows good availability in J nonstop or 1 stop ( bkk ) for 40k miles.

delta.com does not show anything. how can I search for skyteam partner award ?

I have expert flyer but I don't know if I can search an alliance availability with it.

on United.com , I only get availability on TG / CA and OZ flights. Why not on Ana ? TG has great availability, Biz and First but it adds another 6 hour flight from BKK.

if there is no way of flying nonstop on Star Alliance, I'd prefer SQ.

United does not show availability so I just call to book ? check Ana for availability and call United?

thanks.
Old May 9, 2014, 3:42 am
Original Poster

it looks I'll do SYD - NRT - INC - PVG... 2-3 days in INC. or SYD - PVG - INC - NRT

is there anyway I can add a stopover using any programs ? it'll be a one way ticket.. or 3 one ways.

UA does not allow on oneways right?
Old May 9, 2014, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

UA allows one-ways, but does not permit stopovers on one-ways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.