Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the best option to go to Israel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Talking What is the best option to go to Israel

I have aa miles, ua and ba miles. I plan to go to Israel, Egypt next year. I realize that i need quite more miles than going to Europe even distance is not much different from North America. Can somebody give me tips how I can book this trip most economical way? I feel I always taking from this community. Someday when I become more expert, I will start to contribute
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:58 pm

I'm not an expert on Israel travel but answers to a couple questions may help the forum give you a better answer:

1. When are you planning on going? During peak travel season or off peak?
2. Where are you based?
3. What class of travel are you looking for (Econ/Biz/First)?
4. Approx. how many miles do you have in each program?

Dansdeals.com has a wealth of information on award travel to Israel so you may also want to check out that site & forum.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I have found that the high number of miles required for an award ticket from the USA to Israel make it not worth redeeming an award. I suggest you shop around for discounted cash fares and determine whether it's more appealing to use points or pay cash and save the points for another trip.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Deleted.

Last edited by guv1976; Mar 25, 2014 at 6:58 pm
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I have found that the high number of miles required for an award ticket from the USA to Israel make it not worth redeeming an award. I suggest you shop around for discounted cash fares and determine whether it's more appealing to use points or pay cash and save the points for another trip.
Well, we don't yet know from which city the OP is starting. But JFK to TLV via Germany costs only 30K Avios one way on AB -- with no surcharges.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:12 am
Original Poster

i will fly from ohio. maybe i can drive to jfk???? plan to go between jun to early august. i can fly economy( i am cheap).
i have enough aa and ua miles to cover the trip. i just do not want to wast miles due to ignorance.

Last edited by jolope; Mar 26, 2014 at 9:17 am
Old Mar 26, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jolope
i will fly from ohio. maybe i can drive to jfk???? plan to go between jun to early august. i can fly economy( i am cheap).
i have enough aa and ua miles to cover the trip. i just do not want to wast miles due to ignorance.
Where in Ohio? For 9,000 Avios, you can fly roundtrip from CLE, CMH, or CVG to JFK on AA.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 1:02 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by guv1976
Well, we don't yet know from which city the OP is starting. But JFK to TLV via Germany costs only 30K Avios one way on AB -- with no surcharges.
I've got to ask-- since we're talking about Israel, is "AB" Air Berlin or is it BA (British Airways) written hastily by a speaker of Hebrew?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Originally Posted by guv1976
I've got to ask-- since we're talking about Israel, is "AB" Air Berlin or is it BA (British Airways) written hastily by a speaker of Hebrew?
Well, since there are no surcharges, we know it can't be BA.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: drifting with the best price
For money, Finnair has their Great Offers right now. I was just checking them out. $840 round trip JFK-TLV. It is valid for several periods this year, not 2015, but keep an eye out for these deals on airlines that do not offer nonstop ravel between your points of travel, because they thirst for your business.

I think I can clip and paste the page link here.

http://www.finnair.com/US/GB/special-offers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.