Leaving the country with Medication

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC

Can someone legally fly from the US to costa rica with my oxycotin prescription?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:26 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

"Someone" or the person whose prescription it is? The first would be drug trafficking, the second legal. in practice, neither would likely causea problem depending on just how many pills we are talking about
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
No, he has his prescription. He is going to CR for a "Dental vacation" and posed the question to me. And I wanted to pose the question here as I was not sure.

Thank you for the answer!!
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: United, AA, Avianca
as long as it is a real prescription for a legitimate reason and of a 30 day supply (what most people consider reasonable amount), I don't see this being a problem.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Just to be on the safe side, I would suggest that you check on the website for U.S. travellers to Costa Rica and see if there are any restrictions on Oxy being carried into the country - with a prescription of course and also how many pills can be carried.

I do know that people travelling to some of the Arab countries can't take hormone replacement pills etc. - and there are other drugs that can't be taken into some countries.

Better safe than sorry. And I would also make certain that I showed the meds to the proper authorities rather than having them ask to see any meds being carried.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.