Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Upcoming Santiago trip flight segs & miles

Upcoming Santiago trip flight segs & miles

Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Question Upcoming Santiago trip flight segs & miles

I will be flying from LAX to SCL later this month on AeroMexico with stopovers at MEX both ways. I plan to get DL Skymiles for the flights. Two days after I booked the flights (January), I received notice from AM that the schedule had changed and to contact them. In order to arrive in SCL the day I'd planned, I was rescheduled on an AM code share flight flown on LanChile metal from MEX to SCL. The itinerary shows it as an AM flight. Will I receive DL Skymiles for that flight? Or will I need to use my AAdvantage account and collect AA miles? Or would I have a choice between the two programs?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
No, you won't earn DL miles on a LA flight, even if it is a codeshare with AM. If you can, put your AA # on the LA flight. After the fact, you could try for original routing credit with DL/AM for your original AM flight.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Doubt AM coded LA flight will work as a ORC, but one could try. Could you leave earlier from LAX or are there any routings on DL that could work?

Enjoy SCL!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.