Wiki Posts
Search

Panic! Need advice

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, Chase, Amex
Panic! Need advice

I've booked once in a lifetime trip for 5 of us from Nashville to Nairobi. 5 day safari, to Cairo (stop over 12hour tour of Cairo) to Istanbul for 4 days and home.
I've confirmed everything months ago, but forgot to book the flight from Istanbul to Nashville, and we're 14 weeks away. I have gobs of Chase UR, Amex, AA, UA points. What is most efficient use of points
getting home from Istanbul? AirCanada looks decent but multiple stops makes this an extremely long return.
Is there an airline most likely to offer the best deal for Istanbul to US?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sqrblk
I've booked once in a lifetime trip for 5 of us from Nashville to Nairobi. 5 day safari, to Cairo (stop over 12hour tour of Cairo) to Istanbul for 4 days and home.
I've confirmed everything months ago, but forgot to book the flight from Istanbul to Nashville, and we're 14 weeks away. I have gobs of Chase UR, Amex, AA, UA points. What is most efficient use of points
getting home from Istanbul? AirCanada looks decent but multiple stops makes this an extremely long return.
Is there an airline most likely to offer the best deal for Istanbul to US?
14 weeks away, so about 02 Jul 2024
When looking for flights IST to USA what did you find? Class of travel?
Cost vs airport transits always a consideration. Beggars can't be choosers.
What is your criteria for "best deal for Istanbul to US?"? Lowest cash price, shortest flying time, collect ff miles on cash ticket, use Chase UR points in lieu of cash, or what ?

Awards with ff miles for 5 people on the same flights will be hard ~ impossible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istanbul_Airport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nashvi...tional_Airport
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Mar 25, 2024 at 7:26 pm
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Have you checked Expedia for cash fares?

If you want to use AA miles, I would put this on hold, and then figure out your flight from NYC to BNA. Note that this itinerary requires an overnight in London.

(Premium Economy will only be available on the trans-Atlantic leg; IST-LHR would be in BA short-haul Economy, which has pretty tight seat-pitch.)
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:34 pm

Probably looking at $700-800 one way for non-stop IST -ATL. Could then fly Southwest on to BNA. Otherwise looks like double connection options. Perhaps you can find points availability through AC . I think Turkish allows TYP transfers, not sure about Chase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.