Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

New Member Roll Call!

New Member Roll Call!

Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, SkyMiles
Hi All!

Just found this site a few weeks ago and I'm still blown away by all the dedicated members and the info they share. Thanks!! I've been traveling all my life (Navy brat) and got started collecting miles in the early '90s when traveling with my boss. He would hand out awards program sign-up sheets every time we checked in to a different airline (pre-internet days!). I've never been higher than Gold status, but am currently Silver on DL and UA (the latter thanks to a Status Match challenge).

Looking forward to learning and getting the most for my flying dollars.

Cheers,
Bob
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by bvehorn
Just found this site a few weeks ago...
Cheers, Bob
Welcome, Bob.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:08 am

Hello! I've been getting deeper into the world of miles and points for a couple of years now and figured I might as well make it official by joining FT. Thanks for having me!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue
A new "active" member

Hi all,

It's been a while since I joined FT, but I am just starting to become an active member.

Cheers

taktako
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:38 pm
timmy46975

Ready to see the world.

Hello world!

I was brought this direction by many searches regarding travel and hope to make the best of the resources available here.

Thank you for having such a thriving community for travel enthusiasts.

Cheers!

Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:18 pm

Ready to share my travel experiences

Have been a long-time lurker but just joined officially so I can contribute to the community!
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:00 pm

Hello. New member here to research an around the world vacation next summer for my wife and me.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:38 pm

I was on Air France 66 and Have tons of pictures

Hi folks, I'm Rana and I was on AF66 a few days ago, just got home last night. I sent out tons of video as seen on my youtube channel and ABC world news. I was thinking about doing an AMA if anyone wants to know about the experience.
I got some sweet swag from Goose Bay...Oh but I cant post it yet I need some more posts here first. so send me some questions and then I'll send you some links. https://nonbiasedreviews.com/air-fra...ngine-blew-up/

Last edited by NonBiased; Oct 3, 2017 at 9:50 pm Reason: Updated video
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:38 am
Suspended

Hello every one, I am a new member of Flyertalk

[QUOTE=deovrat;21803897]

Hello everyone.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: asia miles

hello

I'm completely new to this so forgive me if I doing this all wrong. 1 thing I've notice is I think I'm older than most of the posters here. I travel fairly often (at least 2ice a year) to asia and I want to learn how to travel a little cheaper and get the best mileage points for my travel. I have only use travel agents in the last 10 years. I want to learn what other (cheaper & efficient) ways to travel if possible. Looking forward to learn!!!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Welcome to FT, travelvlogger!

The best place to get started is to read the RESOURCES threads at the top of this forum. Getting Started would be a good place to begin. You may find the information a little overwhelming but bear with it. FT is not a site that helps people with finding low fares, you should look at kayak.com or google.com/flights. If you only travel twice a year, don't worry too much about collecting miles (don't buy expensive fares that earn more miles) because you'll need a lot of flights to have enough miles to really do anything useful.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM/Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Long time FT member

now ready to post
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:02 am

Just joined!
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Originally Posted by LF72
Just joined!
Welcome! There is free booze in the business lounge...
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: United Premier Silver, Marriott/SPG Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Been lurking for a bit, finally joined last night. I spend a lot of time on planes and in airports for work, so I might as well learn to make that part as decent as it can be from the experts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.