Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL platinum/HH Diamond
Red face New member, mile collector

Hello. Ive been saving miles and points for a few years but just joined Flyertalk. I am hoping to learn how to get the most out of my miles. Super excited to book some trips! Ready to fly for fun!!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:43 pm

Hello

Originally Posted by beckoa
Welcome to Flyertalk cheapchap26 and nice handle

There are thousands of threads to decipher based on your travel goals- but stopping by the stickies are a quick way to narrow down to a more narrow range to start. Do you have any programs you've been parking miles with? If so stop by those forums to see how you can maximize what you have. Once there- you can see if any other programs yield more on your investment
Thanks!

No we do not belong to any programs. We are not sure who to go with either but have been checking the forums for info on the various programs to build miles with. We generally fly to South East Asia, not sure if there are programs specific to regions.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: American
Hello

Long time flier, but just introduced to this site.

Because of work, mostly AA flier. Want to learn more about maximizing points and deals. Thanks in advance for the great posts and advice.

"thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle."
Old Dec 8, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Welcome, restless7. As you wander through the forums, you'll soon find yourself on information overload. Just take it in little bits & soon the pieces will start to fall into place.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 8:08 pm

Booking flights

Hello everyone,
I'm new but have been reading voraciously on your sites. My question deals with getting a flight plan for extended travel. I'm probably going to embarrass myself, but here goes... I see FFs booking RTW or extended itineraries (ex. Boston, London,Paris, Rio, Singapore) and I wanted to try it. For example, I start in BOS and will pick Florence, Italy, then look to see where the stopovers will take me,...I must be doing something wrong because I'll end up with really stupid trips...how do I get the middle destinations to be worthwhile and still be considered a stopover rather than a whole new flight.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 8:16 pm

Brand new to the rewards and miles game. Got turned on to it by a good friend who paid for the airfare of his honeymoon to Europe with points.

Greetings from San Diego.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 9:57 pm

Hi.

Finally joining. UA out of ORD, SPG, and Emerald Club are my usual programs. 1K with UA for the last 6 years. Platinum for the last 6 with SPG. Executive Elite with National for forever.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by globalrealestate
Hello everyone,
I'm new but have been reading voraciously on your sites. My question deals with getting a flight plan for extended travel. I'm probably going to embarrass myself, but here goes... I see FFs booking RTW or extended itineraries (ex. Boston, London,Paris, Rio, Singapore) and I wanted to try it. For example, I start in BOS and will pick Florence, Italy, then look to see where the stopovers will take me,...I must be doing something wrong because I'll end up with really stupid trips...how do I get the middle destinations to be worthwhile and still be considered a stopover rather than a whole new flight.
Not a dumb question at all...it's actually one I don't have the immediate answer for.

Are you looking to actually book a real RTW award or try to string together two one-way awards and turn them into a round-the-world trip?

In either case, the answers to your questions are probably best found in the forum that belongs to whichever program you have your miles with. If you're looking at the specific Oneworld Explorer RTW award, your questions might be answered (or asked) in this thread in the Oneworld forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...cket-faqs.html

Originally Posted by enserio
Brand new to the rewards and miles game. Got turned on to it by a good friend who paid for the airfare of his honeymoon to Europe with points.

Greetings from San Diego.
Welcome! I was in San Diego yesterday. I'm sad I'm not there today: it's 30 and snowing here.

There's a ton of info on FlyerTalk, so just pick a forum and start reading. Let us know if we can help you get pointed in the right direction!

Originally Posted by crobinson1202
Hi.

Finally joining. UA out of ORD, SPG, and Emerald Club are my usual programs. 1K with UA for the last 6 years. Platinum for the last 6 with SPG. Executive Elite with National for forever.
Personally, I've always been partial to National (although I'm only Executive). Let us know if you need help finding your way around the forums. There are dedicated forums for United, SPG, and National if you have any questions (or have answers for others asking questions!).
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: SK, AY, LH, BT
Hello!

It's nice to be here, even I found this very interesting site some years too late.
A few years ago I had AY Platinum and SK Gold in force simultaneously.

Now I'm retired - it's not too bad.

But really nice to be here and read comments and advices.

Last edited by Matthew358; Dec 10, 2013 at 8:33 am
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:44 am

New Member Roll Call!

been abusing amex gold for about 1 yr now by referring friends and family. now I am abusing amex aroplan gold and bmo elite master card. I always did round trips like, Cuba, mexico etc but I wanna do my first rtw trip to Europe. where do I start?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: Qantas FF
Hi All,

I have been collecting qantas ff points for about a year now and just redeemed my first flight

I'm hoping that I can learn alot more from everyone here.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: US Silver, AA Gold, HHonors Silver
Hey y'all,

I'm new the board and after being a lifelong United flyer, I've now switched to US Air/American due to a city change (Charlotte) after only living in United hubs. Hope to make the most of my trips here!

Posted a request on the mileage board to kick it off, looking forward to earning miles/status more efficiently going forward.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:36 pm

Hey all. Ive just joined Flyertalk. I am hoping to learn how to get the most out of my miles. Thanks in advance to all the current members I will be learning from.

Cheers
Old Dec 10, 2013, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Matthew358
It's nice to be here, even I found this very interesting site some years too late.
A few years ago I had AY Platinum and SK Gold in force simultaneously.

Now I'm retired - it's not too bad.

But really nice to be here and read comments and advices.
Welcome! I know plenty of elites who are retired. Just because you're retired doesn't mean you have to sit still! Fly and see the rest of the world--you have the time for it now!

Originally Posted by lotionmyfeet
been abusing amex gold for about 1 yr now by referring friends and family. now I am abusing amex aroplan gold and bmo elite master card. I always did round trips like, Cuba, mexico etc but I wanna do my first rtw trip to Europe. where do I start?
What airline program are you looking at, or are you starting from scratch and free to pick one?

For discussion of the various alliance RTW products, check out the three forums here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/globa...alliances-391/

Originally Posted by xmod
Hi All,

I have been collecting qantas ff points for about a year now and just redeemed my first flight

I'm hoping that I can learn alot more from everyone here.
There's a pretty robust crew of Australian FlyerTalkers. I'm not sure where they mostly hang out (likely the Qantas forum), but I've met a lot of them at various community events ("Dos"), and they're always a lot of fun. A bunch of 'em will be here, too: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...25-2014-a.html

Originally Posted by Caphcky
Hey y'all,

I'm new the board and after being a lifelong United flyer, I've now switched to US Air/American due to a city change (Charlotte) after only living in United hubs. Hope to make the most of my trips here!

Posted a request on the mileage board to kick it off, looking forward to earning miles/status more efficiently going forward.
Good luck with the new AA. I'm a UA flyer considering jumping ship, but I'm hesitant to make such a big change with the pending merger. But if you've just moved to a US/AA hub city, it makes sense for you. There's a new forum where people are posting questions and speculation about the merger: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated-733/

Originally Posted by Kent67
Hey all. Ive just joined Flyertalk. I am hoping to learn how to get the most out of my miles. Thanks in advance to all the current members I will be learning from.

Cheers
Welcome! Let us know if we can help point you in the right direction!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 9:47 pm

Hi everyone the reason I am here is because of a long distance relationship

I've had some luck with the mileageplus program last year and I am experiencing some FOMO(fear of missing out). Hopefully I will get caught up here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.