New Member Roll Call!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:42 am

Hi everyone. My name Terry and newbee
I like to lean more earn more mile and get some good advice .
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:03 pm

Hi, my wife & I are flying to FLL to catch our cruise ship. Neither of us has flown in several years. The last time I flew, I had tickets in hand for each flight. Please pardon my stupidity & ignorance, but do I just need my confirmation #.
I would really appreciate it if someone would walk me thru the whole procedure. Also, I am disabled and am taking my personal wheelchair with me. The airlines were notified of this when arrangements were made thru AAA. I do intend to call the airline 2-3 days before departure and speak to them about my wheelchair. Again, I apologize for my stupidity, but would appreciate any assistance.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:50 pm

Hello, FT! Newbie here and just checking in. I have one Citi rewards CC, but looking to get cards with miles. Right now I want to apply for one with no annual fee that I can keep long term and then add on others for specific promotions. Going to try to learn how to navigate FT this weekend. If anyone has any pointers off the bat, much appreciated. Otherwise, have a great weekend errbody!
Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:26 am

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Welcome C8tfish! Sorry no one answered you right away. If this info isn't too late, you need to check in for your flights 24 hrs before departure and print your boarding pass or check in at least and print at the airport. Give yourself at least 2 hrs to get through security and to the gate. Will you be wheeling yourself or need assistance to get to the gate? If assistance is needed and you are checking your bags, then they should be able to get someone for you at that point. Your having already made them aware is a good thing. In our experience with my mother-in-law that needed help, letting them know isn't a guarantee that they will be on top of it.
Remember to check in 24 hrs prior to the return trip as well. Check your boarding pass to see if they may have given you TSA Pre as it is kind of random. It's helpful and speedier through the TSA.

Have a great flight!

Originally Posted by C8tfish
Hi, my wife & I are flying to FLL to catch our cruise ship. Neither of us has flown in several years. The last time I flew, I had tickets in hand for each flight. Please pardon my stupidity & ignorance, but do I just need my confirmation #.
I would really appreciate it if someone would walk me thru the whole procedure. Also, I am disabled and am taking my personal wheelchair with me. The airlines were notified of this when arrangements were made thru AAA. I do intend to call the airline 2-3 days before departure and speak to them about my wheelchair. Again, I apologize for my stupidity, but would appreciate any assistance.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
For the newbies, I wanted to give this link to where you can buy a FlyerTalk luggage tag. It's bright yellow and as you are traveling with your carryon through airports, ect. other FlyerTalkers can see and connect. A good $2 investment for two tags. It does not have a spot to ID your bag, just FT.

http://www.flyertalk.com/store/
Old Oct 5, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Hello! i just joined today and am hoping to gather lots of new info about mileage runs, hotel promotions, etc. as I start to ramp up my traveling.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:04 am

Hi I am new to this forum.I have booked a flight with iberia from tenerife to dublin.I will arrive in madrid t4 one hour before my flight to dublin is due to take of.Will this be enough time for both me and my checked bag to make the flight.If anyone could answer or message me i would be very grateful.Thank You Loxy
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:55 pm

Hi everyone, I joined a few months ago, but have just been reading, so I'm sorta new. Love all the info. Keep it coming!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:50 pm

Howdy!

Howdy folks! I'm a frequent traveler on AA and tend to hang out in Marriott properties. I've been referencing threads here for some time, but now have specific questions that I'll start a thread with.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:46 am

Smile Willing to learning from you guys

Hello everyone, Happy to have some fun with you guys at here. Thx
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:00 pm

Hello Everyone!
So much great info on this site. Hope to learn from the best!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:25 pm

Hello from Alberta, Canada! Been reading this Forum for the last two weeks and finally decided to sign up! Looking forward to some credit card churning and other tips to get out and see the world.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: TG*S, IHG Gold, GHA Platinum
Hello from Thailand. I have been a a silence reader for around 1 year and finally I think it's the right time to join in the conversation
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Hello everyone,

After being a long time reader (and always flying at the back of the aircraft), I've decided it's time to finally bite the bullet and sign up and take on the challenge of earning enough Avios to take a long haul (US) trip up front, whilst clocking up status along the way, for no particular reason than "because I can" and hopefully "it'll be fun".

Whilst in the long run it might be cheaper to actually save the cash and just pay for the flight if F, where's the fun in that?

Best

Stuart
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FastTrak2Elite
Hello everyone,

I've decided it's time to finally bite the bullet and sign up and take on the challenge of earning enough Avios to take a long haul (US) trip up front, whilst clocking up status along the way, for no particular reason than "because I can" and hopefully "it'll be fun".
Welcome, Stuart. You won't regret it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.