Reload this Page >

New Member Roll Call!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:39 am

hello every one, i'm also from india newly joined in this group, i really loves travelling to different places. i think that i will get more travelling guidance from this forum..
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:13 pm

Hello everyone... just joined from here in Los Angeles. Considering a trip to Thailand or Brazil in the next year or so... looking forward to learning and hope maybe I can eventually also help out here and there.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: Hilton gold, delta gold, spg gold, , Hyatt diamond,
Hi all. Very happy to join this great site
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: Hilton gold, delta gold, spg gold, , Hyatt diamond,
I'm from New York. I will be going to Los Angeles for the first time next week. In march we are going to Hawaii, also a first. In may we r off to Milan and Paris. I'm hoping to
Learn a lot here. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:04 am

Great to be here

Hi

I am new here and are very happy to be part of this forum also hope to meet some new friends.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: UR, SPG, HHonors Gold
Hi, everyone! I'm relatively new. Looking for a way to optimize my spending to earn rewards fastest. Never really done this before, but a friend of mine introduced it to me, so I'm diving in head-first.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 4:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Welcome to FlyerTalk

Tom in Madrid today
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: United MP, Delta Skypesos, SPG, Chase UR
Hello All!

I've been a lurker for a while so I decided to enroll into FlyerTalk, I always like browsing on this forum.

Looking forward to optimizing my current rewards and learning new stuff
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:25 am

New here, came after surfing through a few of the complaints that I've seen about the Hilton Honors program. In the past I've served as a front office manager for a Hilton property, and right now I'm on the way to management at another property. I'm here to be a resource for questions and give you insight on what a manager thinks and how the process works, but I'm also here to research Marriott and get a better understanding of what that market offers.

Also, for all of the discounts I get at hotels, it means nothing when flying, so I'll learn about a lot of that too. Any questions, just let me know.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: USAirways, Miles & More, Miles & Bonus
Hello FlyerTalk members

Hi all - I live in Germany, fly to Gainesville, Florida a few times per year with Lufthansa and USAirways by way of Munich and Charlotte (was going through Frankfurt with US until I figured out that Lufthansa is worth the extra $$/Euros), and have had my Star Alliance Gold status with USAirways. USAirways, post-merger, is leaving the Star Alliance on March 30, 2014! I should have checked on this before flying over in October so I could have credited the miles to Aegean's program and been on my way faster to Gold, but didn't. So, in all my research for how to use the miles I have and get back to Gold after March 30, it brought me to this forum. I really don't want to fly the other alliances because it would take me longer and require more connections. The question I have wanted to have answered is: When the codeshare partnership between USAirways and Lufthansa ends on March 30, will Lufthansa still be able to book flights with USAirways in the itinerary (the CLT to GNV segment)? I know there will be no credit for miles directly, but what about just booking the entire flight on one ticket without checking in twice? Thanks for having me and looking forward to spending time on this forum.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by soulplay
Hi all - I live in Germany, fly to Gainesville, Florida a few times per year with Lufthansa and USAirways by way of Munich and Charlotte (was going through Frankfurt with US until I figured out that Lufthansa is worth the extra $$/Euros), and have had my Star Alliance Gold status with USAirways. USAirways, post-merger, is leaving the Star Alliance on March 30, 2014! I should have checked on this before flying over in October so I could have credited the miles to Aegean's program and been on my way faster to Gold, but didn't. So, in all my research for how to use the miles I have and get back to Gold after March 30, it brought me to this forum. I really don't want to fly the other alliances because it would take me longer and require more connections. The question I have wanted to have answered is: When the codeshare partnership between USAirways and Lufthansa ends on March 30, will Lufthansa still be able to book flights with USAirways in the itinerary (the CLT to GNV segment)? I know there will be no credit for miles directly, but what about just booking the entire flight on one ticket without checking in twice? Thanks for having me and looking forward to spending time on this forum.
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I'm not sure what LH's site and/or phone agents are capable of doing (some airlines are better at booking non-partner flights than others), but you might want to post your question in the Lufthansa forum, where those more familiar with that airline can better answer your question.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 5:05 pm

Hello!
I dream of being elsewhere in the world. I spend my day plotting on how to use my soon acquired Southwest Companion Pass. When I was 21 I had a job where I traveled the entire US for over a year, a new city every week. Since then, I have traveling deep in my soul.
We are going to France this year, first time taking the kiddos. (and parents!)
I wish I could have my own reality traveling show.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 8:15 pm

Programs: USAirways, Miles & More, Miles & Bonus
Originally Posted by jackal
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I'm not sure what LH's site and/or phone agents are capable of doing (some airlines are better at booking non-partner flights than others), but you might want to post your question in the Lufthansa forum, where those more familiar with that airline can better answer your question.
Thanks very much for the tip and help in where I could post my question - a good reason to have a place for newbie's like myself! I did find relevant information there already and posted a better question. Again, thanks very much!
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:21 pm

Programs: Star alliance
hi there, just started out with this. I'd like to pop on and say Hello.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:55 am

Hello everyone! I'm Jiggs2013 in 2014(?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.