Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Advice: How can I get miles out of cash?

Advice: How can I get miles out of cash?

Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:36 pm

spend it on hookers and coke.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:49 pm

Advice: Best place to park down payment savings?

Anybody thought about the best place to park down payment savings? We are about 1 year away from buying and have 30,000 now and hope to put in an additional ~3,000 per month. Conventional knowledge says to put it somewhere extremely low risk, but savings accounts, CDs, and money market accounts are offering next to no interest.

I've thought about Bank Direct as that would be about 3-6k AA miles per month. Or I could use one of the brokerage accounts and not invest the money (or at least put it in something extremely low risk)? Any other good options? Haven't seen any good rewards checking accounts left still, right? I don't have the patience and time for beans...

P.S. In case you were wondering, this was definitely inspired by the "where do I park my 50k divorce loan" thread, but the situation is a little different since I have time on my side and plan to grow the account over time so extra deposits or
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:01 am

I use the high yield money market savings account here. www.americanexpress.com/personalsavings
Old Jul 17, 2013, 6:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Three overlapping threads have been combined.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.