Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Flying MUC-DEL arriving at 7AM - 2 hours enough time for Int'l to Domestic cxn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2009, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP

A quick question for travelers on this route... is 2 hours sufficient time to connect from International to Domestic in DEL? I will hopefully have a carry-on bag only for my travels. I assume it's not advisable with checked luggage.

I understand the international terminal is pretty deserted at this time of day (7AM is scheduled arrival), which I would think would make it relatively easy for me to catch the inter-terminal bus for the 10km ride to the domestic terminal relatively quickly.

I'm connecting to PNQ (Pune) and if I can't make the 9AM Kingfisher flight I'm stuck having to wait until 12:40PM to fly on a JetLite CRJ for 2 hours.

- T
Old May 18, 2009, 7:10 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since this is more of a DEL question, which has been discussed and answered a few times in the India forum, I'm moving it there.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum

PS: I've done MUC-DEL followed by 9W DEL-CCU a few times with 3h connect and been at the domestic terminal within 90min of landing. Certainly doable.
Old May 20, 2009, 1:40 am

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Though not advisable, 2 hours can be enough with carry on only at 7 in the morning.

I would suggest not using the inter terminal bus. Spend $10 for a taxi instead.

If in business, did you consider the LH Business Jet from FRA to PNQ instead ?
Old May 20, 2009, 4:09 am

connection timings

Originally Posted by TonySCV
A quick question for travelers on this route... is 2 hours sufficient time to connect from International to Domestic in DEL? I will hopefully have a carry-on bag only for my travels. I assume it's not advisable with checked luggage.

I understand the international terminal is pretty deserted at this time of day (7AM is scheduled arrival), which I would think would make it relatively easy for me to catch the inter-terminal bus for the 10km ride to the domestic terminal relatively quickly.

I'm connecting to PNQ (Pune) and if I can't make the 9AM Kingfisher flight I'm stuck having to wait until 12:40PM to fly on a JetLite CRJ for 2 hours.

- T
Unless you are out of luck,it is certainly doable!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.