Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Travel agencies delhi

Travel agencies delhi

Old Mar 25, 09, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Travel agencies delhi

One of my colleagues want to visit India for 2 weeks and want to visit some major cities in north like Delhi, Agra etc and then head to Nepal.

Can anyone recommend any reliable travel agency that they can talk to fix up a plan, mostly hotel reservations, someone to pick at the airport, train reservations etc.

Their are a few agencies that I could find on internet but of course it would be great if someone can offer their opinions.

Services International/

Stic Travel
Old Mar 25, 09, 10:02 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
www.thomascook.co.in
www.ezeego1.co.in (cox and kings)

Those two are quite good for what you want (package tours). In fact step into the thomas cook office wherever you are and buy a package if you need one.

Or you could just book your hotels, trains etc - besides domestic flights - using www.cleartrip.com
Old Mar 26, 09, 12:15 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Or the Cox & Kings website itself: http://www.coxandkings.co.in

They have an office in London, I think, so if you are based there, that can be useful.

Link to that site: http://www.coxandkings.co.uk
Old Mar 26, 09, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I'll second Thomas Cook. Reliable, reasonable and they have multiple branches around Delhi and its suburbs.
Old Mar 26, 09, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies but I am based in Barcelona, Spain. So anything based in Uk will not be of much help.
Old Mar 26, 09, 9:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat
Be careful of travel agencies in India...many appear to be legit but are in fact scams (they charge outrageous commissions, sell you stand-by tickets that appear to be confirmed, etc). Just be very very wary of any agency. Make sure they are approved through IATA. Even if they claim to be "government approved" they are likely not.

Check some of the airlines websites for packages and such. I would not book anything through an Indian travel agency unless they were part of a consortia or a network (like Amex).
Old Mar 26, 09, 1:05 pm

Programs: EY Platinum, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
best thing book online - either on make my trip.com, yatra.com or desiya.com to book your airport pick up etc, i use delhi megacabs a lot, i can give you their number if you wish, very prompt, professional and safe services.
Old Mar 26, 09, 7:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by rahularora1 View Post
best thing book online - either on make my trip.com, yatra.com or desiya.com to book your airport pick up etc, i use delhi megacabs a lot, i can give you their number if you wish, very prompt, professional and safe services.
And I can HIGHLY recommend this tour company: http://namasteindiatours.com/

I always use them for airport transfers in DEL (which you should arrange in advance with your hotel or a company like this)... I have also done an Agra tour with them. Very good service and they don't try to sell you a bunch of crap.
Old Apr 7, 09, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by UMassCanuck07 View Post
And I can HIGHLY recommend this tour company: http://namasteindiatours.com/

I always use them for airport transfers in DEL (which you should arrange in advance with your hotel or a company like this)... I have also done an Agra tour with them. Very good service and they don't try to sell you a bunch of crap.
This is exactly what we are looking for. I have emailed them for info but can you provide your experience? Did they also book the hotel for you?
Old May 5, 09, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Silver, *Wood Gold, Marriott Silver
Reliable local travel agent

I have used Vinod Goswami for both business and personal travel in Delhi, Mumbai, and all over the North of India. He is reliable and knowledgeable.

Vinod Goswami
[email protected]

Search this Thread