Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Expatriate websites/forums for living India?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2008, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

I might be moving to India in a little while, probably Bangalore. I was wondering if anyone knew of any great websites or forums for expatriates living in India?

I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions, many irrelevant to travelling and thus probably improper for Flyertalk. It would be great to gather pointers from folks in similar situations who are already there - a sort of Flyertalk for foreigners in India.

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2008, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA silver, VS, Jet, Carlson gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by runnerwallah
I might be moving to India in a little while, probably Bangalore. I was wondering if anyone knew of any great websites or forums for expatriates living in India?

I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions, many irrelevant to travelling and thus probably improper for Flyertalk. It would be great to gather pointers from folks in similar situations who are already there - a sort of Flyertalk for foreigners in India.

Thanks!
I'd recommend the forums on www.Indiamike.com

They are more aimed at foreign travellers in India rather than expats, but its a very big site and there are discussions on just about every topic that you could imagine (including long term or permanent residency issues).

Last edited by abfab; Dec 10, 2008 at 2:16 pm
Old Dec 10, 2008, 6:31 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Like the other guy said, Indiamike. Specifically the India Expat Forum

http://www.indiamike.com/india/india-expat-area-f84/
Old Dec 12, 2008, 10:43 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I'll third the suggestion for IndiaMike.com

I used it for planning some travel in the summer and also for checking out some information for a possible relocation. There are meetups (DOs) in Mumbai and Delhi and I met some really nice folks at the Delhi meetup. (Not that the people in Mumbai aren't nice, I didn't go to a meetup. )
Old Dec 15, 2008, 7:13 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by runnerwallah

Thanks!
Hi runnerwallah,

Not sure of any internet forums, but if you're on Facebook then have a look for Bangalore Groups - I did a search for "Bangalore Expats" groups and several came up...you may find that this helps. I'm a member of the "Bombay Expats" group and they organise DOs and other stuff - you may find something similar for Bangalore on there.

A quick google throws up this as the first result and could also be useful once you get there. No idea what the club is like so not a personal recommendation but an illustration of the power of google!

Good luck,

EB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.