Search

ATM in Delhi international Airport

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2008, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond,NW Silver Elite, UA Premier, Starwood Gold, Avis First
ATM in Delhi international Airport

Is there any ATM in the secure area of airport before one clears immigration

Is there an ATM or a money changer (Thomas Cook or Bank counter) right in the arrivals hall where one would pick up their baggage and go through customs

Or is it outside the main entrance.

If there is a money changer or bank counter would it be open 24 hrs

I have absolutely no INR and would like to step out of the airport with INR on me

Any inputs would be appreciated. Has anyone used it in the last few weeks

thanks

Hari
Old May 29, 2008, 8:57 pm

Right outside customs

Once you clear customs, and head towards the exit, you will find money changers/ forex counters with Thomas Cook and a couple of Indian banks...no ATMS, but they will exchange currency or Travelers checks for you.
Old May 29, 2008, 9:05 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by am2220
Once you clear customs, and head towards the exit, you will find money changers/ forex counters with Thomas Cook and a couple of Indian banks...no ATMS, but they will exchange currency or Travelers checks for you.
If all you are doing is taking a prepaid cab to your home / a hotel, all the prepaid cab vendors take credit cards.

And you will probably get a rather better rate using your foreign ATM card in an indian ATM, than by using a local money changer. So it can probably wait till the next morning when you're in the city and there's no shortage of ATMs.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 11:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Indian Railways Wallah Program
Yes, there is an ATM in the arrival visitors area of the International terminal before you get to the taxi scrum. It's open as long as that area is open.

(or was last year and the web site claims it's still there)
Old Jun 2, 2008, 2:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Is there any ATM in the secure area of airport before one clears immigration
Before immigration, none.

Is there an ATM or a money changer (Thomas Cook or Bank counter) right in the arrivals hall where one would pick up their baggage and go through customs
Yes, just prior to exiting the baggage/customs hall is the State Bank of India for changing money. [ATM machine at DEL airport hasn't always worked.]

If there is a money changer or bank counter would it be open 24 hrs
Yes, the State Bank of India exchange desk is open 24 hours.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA MM, DL DM
There is one ATM that I have found. With all the construction I'm not sure how long these directions will be good, but upon exiting customs, proceed straight and then take you first right. ATM will be in a stall directly ahead of you.

Unfortunately, there is only one (so it is a mob scene, especially when several flights have arrived at once) and it is frequently broken or out of money.

So, bring cash and plan to change that for your initial walking around money rather than relying on the ATM.

Good luck, TJ
Old May 2, 2012, 4:58 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
New Delhi T3 - ATM's before customs ??

In the T3 interactive map, it shows 2 ATM's right before customs..http://www.newdelhiairport.in/T3-interactivemap.html...

Didnt notice them on my last arrival there.. This time would need to withdraw some INR to pay for customs .. I guess those ATM's mostly work right ?
Old May 3, 2012, 9:29 am

Bump..
Old May 5, 2012, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
In the T3 interactive map, it shows 2 ATM's right before customs..http://www.newdelhiairport.in/T3-interactivemap.html...

Didnt notice them on my last arrival there.. This time would need to withdraw some INR to pay for customs .. I guess those ATM's mostly work right ?
there is an atm there but i have never used it....
Old May 8, 2012, 8:46 am

Update

The ATM is there BUT it is only after customs and NOT before it as shown in the attached link..
Old May 8, 2012, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
The ATM is there BUT it is only after customs and NOT before it as shown in the attached link..
there is also an atm at arrivals, just before you exit the airport....
Old May 9, 2012, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
there is also an atm at arrivals, just before you exit the airport....
I was speaking about Intl arrivals and couple of ATM's are there but all after clearing customs and this is not as per their online map...
It is a problem for situations where pax are needed to pay customs duty and may need to withdraw lcy..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.