Wiki Posts
Search

Taxi service from Delhi Airport to Noida

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2007, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Taxi service from Delhi Airport to Noida

Our AA nonstop from Chicago lands in Delhi at 8:30 PM. Let's say we get out by 10PM. We need to go to Noida, a suburb of Delhi.

I remember there was some issue about Delhi cabs not being authorized to go outside city limits, or not being allowed in UP (the state where Noida is). Can't find current info.

Does anybody know if airport cabs are reliable for this purpose? Or the name of some cab/limo company we can arrange in advance?

Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 2:43 am

I belive that there is an AVIS desk in Delhi that should be able to deliver you to Noida. Try the prepaid taxis first, though.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 5:18 am

Airport cabs can take you outside Delhi, I've used them to go to Gurgaon on occasion. However, they're often fairly unpleasant -- the last time I took one, the driver drove at high speed down the expressway in the wrong direction against oncoming traffic to shave a few km off the trip, and had absolutely no idea where to go nor any knowledge of English -- so I'd second the suggestion to get a rental car instead, although they are considerably more expensive. Hertz is quite good and you can book them online at http://www.carzonrent.com (best to follow up with a call though, online bookings go into black holes sometimes), or PM me for my regular driver's contact details.

Be warned that it's a long journey to Noida, especially as UP enforces an idiotic commercial vehicle entry tax system that requires you to loop down to the southern Okhla bridge instead of using the much faster DND tollway. The worst jams should be over by 10 PM though...

Last edited by jpatokal; Sep 11, 2007 at 5:26 am
Old Sep 19, 2007, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/Million Miler, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Gold
Taxi to NOIDA

Originally Posted by aktchi
Our AA nonstop from Chicago lands in Delhi at 8:30 PM. Let's say we get out by 10PM. We need to go to Noida, a suburb of Delhi.

I remember there was some issue about Delhi cabs not being authorized to go outside city limits, or not being allowed in UP (the state where Noida is). Can't find current info.

Does anybody know if airport cabs are reliable for this purpose? Or the name of some cab/limo company we can arrange in advance?

Thanks.
I regularly (every couple of months) take a taxi from Delhi airport to NOIDA and have never had a problem. Use one of the 2 or 3 prepaid taxi counters at the airport - it will cost between Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 depending on the car. Also no restrictions on approch to NOIDA. If you use the toll bridge, you may have to pay the toll, but that's pretty minor.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K/Million Miler, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Gold
Taxi to NOIDA (contd)

Forgot to mention that I also fly in from Chicago, on the AA or the LH flights. Have had no trouble at either time.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks all and just wanted to report back. As MKE Traveler said, prepaids from DEL (as well as New Delhi railway station) to Noida are readily available now. There must have been some compromise reached between Delhi and UP state governments.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:45 pm

Delhi to Noida

Can anybody tell me, How to go from Delhi Domestic airport to Noida By Bus?

I am new to Delhi, Kindly give me the full detail

Old Sep 24, 2010, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Siva1986
Can anybody tell me, How to go from Delhi Domestic airport to Noida By Bus? I am new to Delhi, Kindly give me the full detail
As you live in Delhi, you should be the one to find out the answers and guide the rest of us. Anyway, I understand that Metro service to/from the airport is about to begin. If so, that would be a good way to connect for those who don't want to splurge on a cab.

PS. Welcome to FT!

Last edited by aktchi; Sep 25, 2010 at 4:48 pm
Old Sep 25, 2010, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

welcome to ft siva1986....any particular reason you are looking to take the bus????
Old Jun 14, 2014, 12:58 am

Programs: self
Thumbs up Rastey .com

Thanks.
Yes Delhi cabs operator and drivers are headache for outsiders .They try to loot as much as they can . hey why dont you book your cabs with Rastey.com 011- 4884 4884, they provide the best service for entire Delhi and NCR, and out statiosn. Charges and affordable and good service.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 1:00 am

Programs: self

Thanks.

Better go by Metro
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:13 am
Original Poster

I am happy to see that my old thread is still alive. I guess the issues remain the same and have not disappeared.

I would add that from DEL airport to Noida, bus is not a serious option. It is either a cab or metro.

Under most circumstances, a cab is recommended. (i) Cheapest ones are organized by Delhi police. They are safe but pretty dumpy otherwise. Fare is fixed by destination zone and must be pre-paid; you need to specify and pay for the air-conditioning option when booking, otherwise the driver won't turn it on. (ii) Meru and Mega cabs have their own counters. They charge by meter and will be more expensive. (iii) Of course, there are tons of legit and non-legit cab companies in Delhi as well as Noida. If you have their number, you can pre-arrange for them to meet you there. Not for the occasional traveler.

Metro would require decent hours and light luggage; once you get to Noida, you'd still need to hire an "auto" (3-wheeler) for local travel.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 5:53 pm

Does anybody know if Top Airport Transfer Luxury are reliable for this purpose? Or the name of some cab/limo company we can arrange in advance?

Thanks.
Hello,
I also want to know about some airport cab services as I am a frequent traveler and almost always arrived at night...

Last edited by adamwills; Jul 23, 2017 at 2:30 am
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:39 am

You can get pre-paid taxis in the airport only. Plus you can also download Ola or Uber as they also have good service in Delhi/NCR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.