Wiki Posts
Search

Indian visa for Pakistani ????

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 3:22 am

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GUWonder
India certainly would have grounds to object
On what grounds? The people in question are no longer Indian Citizens. Exactly what merits would Indias objection have if Australia tomorrow decides to suspend visa on arrival for British Citizens born in a specific country?

That is a claim asserted by many -- and a frequent refrain from petty national chauvinists paranoid about who knows what -- but that claim is anything but a simple truth.
Unsure what nationalism, chauvinism and paranoia have anything to do with what I stated but are you disputing the claim that the only country that you have an unequivocal right to enter is the country of your citizenship, and the facility to enter any other country is in fact a privilege extended by that country? If that claim isn't the simple truth, then, dear sir, enlighten us.

Not necessarily, and certainly not necessarily without grounds for objection.
I don't think grounds for objection have been suspended in this regard by the Indian Government either. In fact, unlike much other Governments, the Indian Government is being blunt and upfront by saying "if you are a person of Pakistani origin / have links in Pakistan, processing your visa will take longer than normal". Don't really see the problem with that.
The point remains the same regardless of the choice of semantics.
Yes. The point is that India would like to conduct more thorough checks on certain persons before granting them a visa to visit India. Not entirely unreasonable I say.

Even some British/American/Australian citizens of Indian origin (only) have trouble getting a visa for India. Given that occurs, not sure why any reasonable, informed person should doubt that there are also British/American/Australian citizens of Indian origin (only) unhappy with how hard it can be to get a visa for Pakistan. [Even some such citizens of Pakistani origin have trouble getting visas to Pakistan ... and they complain too.]
I'm not doubting that there are some such people of Indian origin unhappy about the difficulties required in getting a visa for Pakistan. I do suspect their numbers are significantly lower than similar people of Pakistani origin seeking a visa for India.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SQ421
On what grounds?
The same grounds as has been done before.

The people in question are no longer Indian Citizens.
India has advocated on behalf of non-Indian citizens before. And it continues to do so for various purposes.

Exactly what merits would Indias objection have if Australia tomorrow decides to suspend visa on arrival for British Citizens born in a specific country?
Ethical and/or legal merits that petty chauvinists and various other bigots may not appreciate as being merits?

Unsure what nationalism, chauvinism and paranoia have anything to do with what I stated but are you disputing the claim that the only country that you have an unequivocal right to enter is the country of your citizenship, and the facility to enter any other country is in fact a privilege extended by that country?
Yes -- just not to all countries for all, but to some countries for some people, yes.

If that claim isn't the simple truth, then, dear sir, enlighten us.
National obligations under entered into bilateral and/or multilateral agreements are part of the framework for such rights in some countries to some non-citizens. India isn't exceptional in this regard, nor is Pakistan.

In fact, unlike much other Governments, the Indian Government is being blunt and upfront by saying "if you are a person of Pakistani origin / have links in Pakistan, processing your visa will take longer than normal". Don't really see the problem with that.
If that were all one saw, then not really seeing the problem is an expected outcome.

Yes. The point is that India would like to conduct more thorough checks on certain persons before granting them a visa to visit India. Not entirely unreasonable I say.
Seems more a joker's idea of "reasonable" when the reason for a lot of this visa nonsense in the last couple of years is said to be due to terrorism even as most all acts of terrorism in India (as in Pakistan) are conducted by persons who either don't care to get a visa or don't need a visa. Visa practices by India and Pakistan aren't any kind of real solution to the core of that problem for either country; rather those practices are representative of how petty nationalism, chauvinism and paranoia can drive things and not really achieve much of anything that is positive.

I'm not doubting that there are some such people of Indian origin unhappy about the difficulties required in getting a visa for Pakistan. I do suspect their numbers are significantly lower than similar people of Pakistani origin seeking a visa for India.
Perhaps that suspicion is correct (and increasingly so at that), or perhaps it is merely suspect thinking showing itself.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Based on the recent posts, I suspect the community has no further insight on how persons of Pakistani origin may obtain a visa for entry into India. Hence, I am closing the thread.

Babu
Moderator, India forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.