Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Jammu, Kashmir & Ladakh Tourism Information

Jammu, Kashmir & Ladakh Tourism Information

Old Nov 12, 19, 6:04 am

Programs: How to move abroad
The sparse region of Ladakh officially became a union territory administered by the government of India at the beginning of this month. Despite the tension, I still think it's a good idea to visit Ladakh on this occasion
Old Nov 12, 19, 7:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Solivagant View Post
The sparse region of Ladakh officially became a union territory administered by the government of India at the beginning of this month. Despite the tension, I still think it's a good idea to visit Ladakh on this occasion
There are assessments that note that the risk in Ladakh is way more elevated now than it has been at any point in prior years. And tourists that go to Ladakh -- even those that want to spend time in the more sparse regions of Ladakh, still tend to mainly hit a few of the same spots during the trip, spots all of which are now more in the sight of increasingly disgruntled locals -- be they Ladakhi Buddhists, Kargil Shias or otherwise -- and foreign elements too.

As much as I like Ladakh and had been telling people it was fine to visit for many years, that is not the case at this time and won't be next year either. The now-former state's areas made into union territories are all hot spots in one or more ways and at a much worse security risk level now than they were a few years ago.
Solivagant likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: