Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Ayurvedic Treatments in Bangalore

Old Sep 1, 05, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: One Pass Gold, Mileage Plus 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz #1 Gold

Hi,
Does anyone have any recommendations on places to get Ayurvedic treatments in Bangalore? I am most interested in the massage part, but many of the packages involve a consultation with a doctor, massage, a meal, yoga classes, and breathing classes--that's a little overboard for my taste!! Is there anything in particular that I should be looking for when selecting a place?
Thanks!
Old Sep 8, 05, 5:49 pm

Try Angsana. This isn't 100% ayurvedic, but they had a few ayurvedic options when we were there last year.

Kerala would be a better place to find authentic ayurvedic treatments.
Arya Vaidya Sala is among the oldest (and perhaps well known) Ayurvedic practitioners.

Let me know if you need more info (BLR is my home town)

Cheers!

Originally Posted by i2fantsiz4
Hi,
Does anyone have any recommendations on places to get Ayurvedic treatments in Bangalore? I am most interested in the massage part, but many of the packages involve a consultation with a doctor, massage, a meal, yoga classes, and breathing classes--that's a little overboard for my taste!! Is there anything in particular that I should be looking for when selecting a place?
Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 05, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: One Pass Gold, Mileage Plus 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Hi!
I went to Angsana and got my first ever ayurvedic treatment. It was quite an experience. I was told to strip down completely and handed a little strip of cloth to cover my unmentionables. I got onto a wooden table and was slathered in aromatic oil from head to toe. Then they stuck me in a little steam compartment. Afterwards, I was bathed in green tea gook that helped remove the oils. I felt like jelly afterwards it was so relaxing! I highly recommend Angsana--they also offer Thai and western massages.

I am going to Kerala next weekend and will keep an eye out for the ayurvedic treatment center that you had mentioned.

Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 24, 05, 6:50 am

in kerala also you can get very good massages ,
i really like to know how much you paid in banglore
Old Apr 23, 18, 3:40 am

Hello friend,
I like to suggest that, Kerala is the best place for Ayurvedic treatment!!! Guests who are looking to change or improve their lifestyle should go for Ayurvedic spa centres specialized in rejuvenation & wellness package.
Try it once!
Old Apr 23, 18, 3:42 am

Hello friend,
I like to suggest that, Kerala is the best place for Ayurvedic treatment!!! Guests who are looking to change or improve their lifestyle should go for Ayurvedic spa centres specialized in rejuvenation & wellness package. Try it once!
Old Oct 9, 18, 11:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Try Angsana. This isn't 100% ayurvedic, but they had a few ayurvedic options when we were there last year.

Kerala would be a better place to find authentic ayurvedic treatments.
Arya Vaidya Sala is among the oldest (and perhaps well known) Ayurvedic practitioners.

Let me know if you need more info (BLR is my home town)

Cheers!
Is Angsana still recommended? Will be in Bengaluru soon.
Old Oct 10, 18, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by florens View Post
Is Angsana still recommended? Will be in Bengaluru soon.
yes it is....
florens likes this.
Old Mar 6, 19, 10:52 am

Isn't Kerala better for Ayurveda?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: