Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Existing X1 Visa - Travel to India Permitted

Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.

Hi,

I have an elderly friend booked to fly to India on Tuesday - she has an X1 Visa (basically from what I understand a strange visa - she's a widow of an Indian Passport Holder) so it's not a tourist visa. It's an existing valid visa from pre Covid times - she believes that she can travel on Tuesday - and I cannot find ANY information to support or dispute this (it seems like it's only Tourist Visa that have been cancelled) - and the embassy and their outsourced office in the UK are uncontactable. I'm trying to see if I can provide any official information to help support her at check-in.

Can anyone help?
Old Oct 17, 2021, 1:31 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
All previously issued visas were invalidated in June 2020. Best is to contact the bureau of immigration helpline.

Helpline for COVID-19 : Phone Number (24X7) 011-24300666
Email id : support.covid19-boi[at]gov.inGuidelines for COVID-19 : Click here to visit Minisitry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India
  1. For all immigration, registration, visa, ECNR etc. related queries Email may be sent on Support Centre's email id support-boi[at]mha[dot]gov[dot]in
  2. Phone Numbers of BOI Support Centre 011-26711443 and 011-26713851
  3. For PIO,OCI related queries can be done on 011-26184824
  4. For eVIsa related queries please dial 011-24300666
  5. BOI Commissioner email-id comm.boi-mha[at]nic[dot]in
https://boi.gov.in/
Old Oct 17, 2021, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
All previously issued visas were invalidated in June 2020. Best is to contact the bureau of immigration helpline.

https://boi.gov.in/
I thought that was just tourist visas? Havn't seen mentioned any other types?
Old Oct 17, 2021, 2:47 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The special X visa were not mentioned in the notification https://boi.gov.in/content/restorati...e-tourist-visa
Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
I thought that was just tourist visas? Havn't seen mentioned any other types?
sometimes the airline would have information on whether travel would be allowed on a particular type of visa....contacting them wouldn't hurt....also, it would be advisable to reach the airport early as confusion over permitted visa types can take a while to sort out....
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
sometimes the airline would have information on whether travel would be allowed on a particular type of visa....contacting them wouldn't hurt....also, it would be advisable to reach the airport early as confusion over permitted visa types can take a while to sort out....
Tough to contact BA - but I advised her to get the airport earlier than she has done - if for no reason as to ensure her e-voucher could get processed asap (BA will only do that up to check in closing).

Net result - the quickest check-in she's ever had, called me after clearing immigration at LHR - no issue at all with the X-1 visa - it hadn't been cancelled and no issue with acceptance.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Tough to contact BA - but I advised her to get the airport earlier than she has done - if for no reason as to ensure her e-voucher could get processed asap (BA will only do that up to check in closing).

Net result - the quickest check-in she's ever had, called me after clearing immigration at LHR - no issue at all with the X-1 visa - it hadn't been cancelled and no issue with acceptance.
good to know....glad it all worked out....
Sam Bee likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.