Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

After immigration Luggage transfer to Vistara at T3 Delhi?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

After immigration Luggage transfer to Vistara at T3 Delhi?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2021, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Question After immigration Luggage transfer to Vistara at T3 Delhi?

Single ticket Chicago-Delhi (United, then to Vistara)-Ahmedabad. Arrive DEL at 8:10 PM. Spend night in/around T3 and morning flight connection to AMD at 7:45 AM.

Questions for kind souls with experience:

(1) After immigration, can I give luggage (2 full size checked bags) to Vistara or have to lug it around till morning?

(2) Read reviews about those Pods Snooze At My Space. Not stellar reviews for the price you pay (US$100 plus for 6-8 hours), but find it better option at least on paper than going to a hotel outside airport with the hassle of taxi, luggage load/unload etc. Any thoughts from anyone who has done this? These are NOT airside pods, rather, one located at domestic terminal. I don't think a lounge is gonna cut it.

Thanks for advice and sharing your experience!
Old Feb 26, 2021, 5:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You have to explore using the Holiday Inn located in the terminal. You will go up to the checkin level after immigration/customs and checkin with Vistara. Then there is a phone mounted on the wall besides the domestic security checkpoint where you can call the Holiday Inn to take you to their hotel in the terminal.
nachiketajoshi likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
another vote for the holiday inn inside the terminal....i used it once a couple of years ago when flying from dxb-del & then onward from del-ixd....i had a little over 7 hours in between flights in the middle of the night & didn't feel like driving an hour to get home, only to leave 3 hours later to come back to the airport....i got 5 hours of sleep in a nice comfortable room for around $75....well worth it....
nachiketajoshi likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, and oliver2002, I will check out Holiday Inn. Meanwhile, only when Vistara lets me check in immediately after immigration, would I believe that actually happened because often there are weird rules about how long before the flight you can check in or worse yet, the counter does not open 3 hours before the flight etc.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 1:16 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes the rule of thumb is 4h before departure. In Covid times this is relaxed a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.