Reload this Page >

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2023, 7:10 am

Sorry another quick question please - what is happening with regard to the random Covid testing of 2% of international arrivals at Mumbai? Are they selected by the airlines, are you tapped on the shoulder on the plane, at check in or boarding? If so, how do they select them and what happens if you test positive? Many thanks again
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 8:14 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by cre95
Is the self declaration form no longer needed? I was in India in late January and still needed to fill this out. I’m going back soon but couldn’t locate the form anymore.
India reimposed that requirement on a few countries back in January, then removed it in February.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The testing staff is there for the 2%: I saw them sitting around looking at their phones in September and December 2022. Somebody is earning money for no work...
Arriving into Mumbai 2 weeks ago on Ethiopian, they made an announcement when the doors opened for specific passengers to contact the ground staff. They had a couple of electric carts waiting to take them to the testing area just before immigration to fulfil the 2%. Didn't take long I presume as I saw one of them again at baggage claim a few minutes later.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 3:59 pm

Programs: Qantas Plat
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Arriving into Mumbai 2 weeks ago on Ethiopian, they made an announcement when the doors opened for specific passengers to contact the ground staff. They had a couple of electric carts waiting to take them to the testing area just before immigration to fulfil the 2%. Didn't take long I presume as I saw one of them again at baggage claim a few minutes later.
I wonder what would happen if the specific passengers didn't hear the message and continued on....
LETTERBOY and SamirD like this.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by pushka
I wonder what would happen if the specific passengers didn't hear the message and continued on....
They would probably call you later in the day and ask you to come back for your test
pushka and SamirD like this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 10:57 am

Still testing for Covid at BOM; people arriving on Monday 13th stopped when they came off the BA135. Officials walked up to them and confirmed which plane they had been on and asked them to be tested
B747-437B and SamirD like this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 11:25 am

And yes they are actually testing the requisite 2% of bods off international flights; I saw a lady approach the guy in front of me and ask whether he was off of BA135 before marching him off to be PCR’d
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by CharlotteC
And yes they are actually testing the requisite 2% of bods off international flights; I saw a lady approach the guy in front of me and ask whether he was off of BA135 before marching him off to be PCR’d
Blows my mind they're still doing this...
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I didn't find anyone doing this in 6+ trips to BOM since Fall 2021. I thought the airline has to identify people - I heard an announcement on landing calling out some pax to meet ground staff which I thought was for this. I would have just walked out and walk away from anyone approaching me
pushka, LETTERBOY and SamirD like this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 2:39 am

That suggests it isn't the airlines identifying passengers just the flight itself. I'm always a bit clueless after several hours of travel what my flight number is. Seems like a simple response would remove the issue. Hoping they have an early night the night we fly in.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 11:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Arrived 13 march in Delhi with Finnair. Did not see anybody for testing. Was with an e visa from the plane to the taxi in one hour
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 3:24 am

Programs: Delta
Another data point - Arrived a couple of days ago at Mumbai by Emirates from Dubai, no sign of any testing. On the long walk from the gate towards immigration, at the point where they used to check for the Air Suvidha, there are still a couple of folks in uniform sitting around, but with nothing to do since Air Suvidha has also been discontinued for all arrivals. No sign that they or anyone else was involved in the 2% random testing.
pushka and SamirD like this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 11:16 pm

I'm guessing local spread is more on their mind now than international arrivals.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 5:44 pm

Programs: Delta
Two more recent trips (arriving at BOM) and no sign at all of the 2% random testing (although the desks and staff are still there, just yakking amongst themselves or fixated on their phones) I think we can consider all covid requirements "dead" now, especially since the XBB 1.16 "surge" seems to have fizzled out entirely in recent weeks.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 2:56 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Did someone landed recently in DEL or BOM and saw this 2% random testing still active ?
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.