Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Old Jun 14, 22, 3:11 pm
  #781  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN**
Posts: 43,568
Always keep printouts...

oliver2002 is online now  
Old Jun 16, 22, 4:30 am
  #782  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SFO/SJC
Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 13,633
Originally Posted by TravellingMan View Post
Digital version is fine. Please do not print it (It is an utter waste of paper and ink for a document that people just give a cursory glance)
Yes. Only you (the primary) will get the email and there is only 1 confirmation # for it. Airline agents will just check if the document has a V on top right corner and then glance at the name(s) including the one(s) at the bottom. I just did it last week. No one bothered to check anything beyond that.
oh, I wish this was correct. I’ll write a more detailed thread in the SQ forum, but had a horrible time trying to get SQ to check us in this morning at SIN. Took an hour and a half and trying to submit a new one before they finally said they’d accept it.

issue is not digital vs. paper - and we’ll more than just ‘looking for a V’ - they wanted to compare the names on the form matched exactly with the names on the passports - for all pax. Issue is the Air Suvhida document only lists the first pax - my 3 other family members who I submitted on the same form don’t have their details listed. Agents and ‘district manager’ kept saying it wasn’t acceptable. Finally, manager contacted someone at MAA who confirmed it was acceptable.

I do see why the way the confirmations work could be confusing, but not sure how an airline flying multiple dailies into a country has no idea how the document confirmations work. And multiple staff up to manager. So beware. Also was trying to check in in the morning for an evening flight and we never would have made it if we showed up, at say 2 hours to departure. Beware if flying SQ - probably best to do separate forms for each pax.
Kumar2013 likes this.
emcampbe is offline  
Old Jun 18, 22, 11:03 am
  #783  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: DEN
Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Posts: 2,787
Sorry to hear about your experience. I have flown multiple carriers into India over the past 18 months (as long as Air Suvidha has been around) and never faced any of this. I even forgot to fill out the form once and no one at the European carrier checked nor folks in BOM checked for it.

Originally Posted by emcampbe View Post
oh, I wish this was correct. I’ll write a more detailed thread in the SQ forum, but had a horrible time trying to get SQ to check us in this morning at SIN. Took an hour and a half and trying to submit a new one before they finally said they’d accept it.

issue is not digital vs. paper - and we’ll more than just ‘looking for a V’ - they wanted to compare the names on the form matched exactly with the names on the passports - for all pax. Issue is the Air Suvhida document only lists the first pax - my 3 other family members who I submitted on the same form don’t have their details listed. Agents and ‘district manager’ kept saying it wasn’t acceptable. Finally, manager contacted someone at MAA who confirmed it was acceptable.

I do see why the way the confirmations work could be confusing, but not sure how an airline flying multiple dailies into a country has no idea how the document confirmations work. And multiple staff up to manager. So beware. Also was trying to check in in the morning for an evening flight and we never would have made it if we showed up, at say 2 hours to departure. Beware if flying SQ - probably best to do separate forms for each pax.
TravellingMan is offline  
Old Jun 19, 22, 12:17 am
  #784  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SFO/SJC
Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 13,633
Originally Posted by TravellingMan View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience. I have flown multiple carriers into India over the past 18 months (as long as Air Suvidha has been around) and never faced any of this. I even forgot to fill out the form once and no one at the European carrier checked nor folks in BOM checked for it.
I tell you, I was flabbergasted that multiple agents and a manager had no idea how the confirmations work - like I said, from an airline that flies several dailies into India. If the form itself didn’t take an hour+ to do, with all the duplication needed for each pax - I would have just done it. Worst part is that since India doesn’t check either on arrival, the whole thing was 100% unnecessary. I’m honestly not sure why the theatre with the forms if India isn’t even using them at all.
emcampbe is offline  
Old Jun 19, 22, 2:46 am
  #785  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN**
Posts: 43,568
Originally Posted by emcampbe View Post
Worst part is that since India doesn’t check either on arrival, the whole thing was 100% unnecessary. I’m honestly not sure why the theatre with the forms if India isn’t even using them at all.
The airlines are supposed to do the dirty work for the destination country and not allow pax to board without complete paperwork. Hence there is no check on arrival by anyone. The US & EU does the same.
oliver2002 is online now  
Old Jun 19, 22, 10:32 am
  #786  
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: https://society6.com/travelator
Programs: Tri-State Turducken, Keisei Skinflint, KCR Headphones, Kopaja Platinum
Posts: 6,248
Originally Posted by emcampbe View Post
I tell you, I was flabbergasted that multiple agents and a manager had no idea how the confirmations work - like I said, from an airline that flies several dailies into India. If the form itself didn’t take an hour+ to do, with all the duplication needed for each pax - I would have just done it. Worst part is that since India doesn’t check either on arrival, the whole thing was 100% unnecessary. I’m honestly not sure why the theatre with the forms if India isn’t even using them at all.
During my one visit to India in March of this year, Kochi Airport definitely checked all forms. I'm sure things have loosened up a bit since then.
BuildingMyBento is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 7:00 am
  #787  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Exile
Posts: 15,143
I'm in a strange situation. My final vaccine shot was administered in India, but my vaccine certificate is issued by Malawi where I took my first dose. I have a COWIN certificate but that shows only one dose (the one administered in India). I also have reciprocally issued French and Swiss vaccine certificates.

Would I qualify for the exemption from PCR test or not? The Air Suvidha form asks for "Location of Final Vaccination dose" which is India, but the "primary vaccination schedule completion certificate" is issued by Malawi (which is not on the acceptable list).
B747-437B is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 8:03 am
  #788  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN**
Posts: 43,568
Since no one really checks what you are submitting, you could files the FR/CH vaccination certificates and be done.
B747-437B likes this.
oliver2002 is online now  
Old Jun 25, 22, 2:04 am
  #789  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SFO/SJC
Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 13,633
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Since no one really checks what you are submitting, you could files the FR/CH vaccination certificates and be done.
Except when they do. See my just upthread report about SQ. Still pretty pissed about the whole thing.
emcampbe is offline  
Old Today, 3:30 am
  #790  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 28,485
Flew IAD-AMS-DEL yesterday. Neither at IAD or AMS were we asked to show our vaccination status, Covid results (had to get them done for the kids as they are not vaccinated) or the Air Suvidha form.

It just seems like everybody is sick & tired of these procedures & just wants to move on now.
ft4lyf likes this.
Keyser is offline  
Old Today, 8:50 am
  #791  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN**
Posts: 43,568
My colleague flew MUC-LH-FRA-AI-DEL and LH asked nothing in MUC, but AI wanted to see the Air Suvidha in FRA before boarding. Another colleague did MUC-DEL with LH, there they asked if you have all the required documents during online checkin. No one asked to see the airsuvidha during boarding.
oliver2002 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread