Reload this Page >

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
Originally Posted by sehgalanuj
Yes, this appears to be the case. Though, to make matters even more confusing, if you try Traveldoc you'll see that you could select Germany as point of departure with Dutch nationality and you'd ve given the option of presenting a vaccination certificate; but select German nationality or Indian and the only option is PCR.

There's obviously an absolute mess. I hope in a few days it'll get clearer and your trip will be without these issues.
KLM Traveldoc contains old conflicting data and would rather refer TIMATIC.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by LH757; Feb 15, 2022 at 7:14 am
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:45 am

We need to move the breathless pearl clutching about Indian governance into a separate thread & keep this one for actual information about testing & COVID entry requirements. It's become excessive and repetitive.
knit-in, legionnaire and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:35 am

Red tape as big and wide as a red carpet. That's India.
LH757, SamirD and sehgalanuj like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by GMOChicken
We need to move the breathless pearl clutching about Indian governance into a separate thread & keep this one for actual information about testing & COVID entry requirements. It's become excessive and repetitive.
Perhaps we can keep just information and data points here and move the commentary to chai stall or somewhere else?

(CC: AJLondon )
knit-in likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Just had a confirmation back from the Delhi airport that despite the order not mentioning the Indian vaccination certificate itself, a final vaccination certificate issued in India is enough for travel. Here is their email:

Email from Delhi airport confirming vaccination certificates from India are enough to enter India.

Even the Air Suvidha website seems to reflect this (India was selected as the country of final vaccination).

Air Suvidha Vaccine Certificate (India selected as final vaccination country)
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Originally Posted by sehgalanuj
Just had a confirmation back from the Delhi airport that despite the order not mentioning the Indian vaccination certificate itself, a final vaccination certificate issued in India is enough for travel. Here is their email:

Email from Delhi airport confirming vaccination certificates from India are enough to enter India.

Even the Air Suvidha website seems to reflect this (India was selected as the country of final vaccination).

Air Suvidha Vaccine Certificate (India selected as final vaccination country)
Anyone know if India will accept US CDC card for proof of vax?
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 pm

Just flew ORD-DEL on AI. The person managing the check-in line was asking for PCR test results. I and a few others pointed out that the rule had changed. It was met with sarcastic comment "Sir, you know everything etc.". Ridiculous. The check in agent did confirm that they were checking for PCR test first and if not available, vaccine card could be shown. CDC vaccine was being accepted.

The level of distrust in AI and Indian government was telling. Everyone in the line around me, including me, knew about the rule change but everyone had gotten a PCR done.
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:50 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by leonidas
Just flew ORD-DEL on AI. The person managing the check-in line was asking for PCR test results. I and a few others pointed out that the rule had changed. It was met with sarcastic comment "Sir, you know everything etc.". Ridiculous. The check in agent did confirm that they were checking for PCR test first and if not available, vaccine card could be shown. CDC vaccine was being accepted.

The level of distrust in AI and Indian government was telling. Everyone in the line around me, including me, knew about the rule change but everyone had gotten a PCR done.
The same morons also offloaded me last year as I did not bring the old passport with the U sticker on it. I was given this BS of they had just received a memo last week that it was to be enforced. Needless to say I am not buying any international tickets on AI anymore.
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:52 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by marks88
Anyone know if India will accept US CDC card for proof of vax?
As far as I can tell, no one is reviewing your application on Air Suvidha. It all depends on the options you have selected. If you select US as the vaccination country (which is in the allowed category), a PDF file of your US CDC card will be accepted and you will get a form with the magic green bar on the top within few minutes.
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TravellingMan
As far as I can tell, no one is reviewing your application on Air Suvidha. It all depends on the options you have selected. If you select US as the vaccination country (which is in the allowed category), a PDF file of your US CDC card will be accepted and you will get a form with the magic green bar on the top within few minutes.
I filled in a form with vaccination certificate yesterday, but the bar on top is grey (with a V to the right). Do you know what this one means?
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by TravellingMan
The same morons also offloaded me last year as I did not bring the old passport with the U sticker on it. I was given this BS of they had just received a memo last week that it was to be enforced. Needless to say I am not buying any international tickets on AI anymore.
Anyone have any non-AI experiences after Feb 14 rule change? Hoping to fly on AC from US in a few weeks.
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 1:26 pm

I wonder what the Air Suvidha Grey bar indeed is.

However, PCR required but no Vax cert. issued in Luxembourg, France, Germany, Belgium or Norway accepted by Goi.

Same for Italy but not for San Marino….sounds absolutely hilarious. How many Babus even know where S.Marino is?
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by LH757
I wonder what the Air Suvidha Grey bar indeed is.

However, PCR required but no Vax cert. issued in Luxembourg, France, Germany, Belgium or Norway accepted by Goi.

Same for Italy but not for San Marino….sounds absolutely hilarious. How many Babus even know where S.Marino is?
It's all a bit silly - you can literally convert your certs to EU. My US CDC got me Swiss, French, etc. Of course, that doesn't change your country of vaccination but you can put forward a certificate from those countries.
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 4:07 am

It's all a bit silly - you can literally convert your certs to EU. My US CDC got me Swiss, French, etc. Of course, that doesn't change your country of vaccination but you can put forward a certificate from those countries.
Off-topic but US issued certificates are accepted for travel but not covered in EU DCC gateway.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by LH757; Feb 19, 2022 at 5:53 am
Old Feb 19, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: EY
Anyone have any non-AI experiences after Feb 14 rule change? Hoping to fly on AC from US in a few weeks.
Associates recently flew EY to send from India post Feb 14. No issues, test or vaccination proof not looked at when entering India. To be fair though, you have the option to upload this ahead of time, though that is more for Etihad's sake than India's.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by xobile; Feb 19, 2022 at 7:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.