COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by leonidas
As of today Feb 14, the Air Suvidha form is still showing that uploading PCR result is mandatory. https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsu...o-registration. Of course babus forgot to change it. I totally expected this.
Today is the first day for the new rules. It just won't be India unless there is massive miscommunication & mismanagement for the first few days.
LH757, leonidas and SamirD like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
Pre departure covid tests still required for Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg while NOT for Angola, Iran & Cuba, unarguably some illiterate prepared this list .

Updated info can be found on TIMATIC.
leonidas and SamirD like this.

Last edited by LH757; Feb 14, 2022 at 9:17 am
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
WB Govt falls in line with the rest of the GoI rules:

LH757 and SamirD like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by LH757
Pre departure covid tests still required for Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg while NOT for Angola, Iran & Cuba, unarguably some illiterate prepared this list .
What's the issue with Angola, Iran or Cuba? All three of those have a statistically superior epidemiological situation than any of the five you listed.

The biggest issue with the list if you ask me is that only 5 out of 53 African countries are included on the list despite nearly 40 African countries recognizing Indian vaccine certificates on a reciprocal basis. Shameful.
oliver2002, SamirD and superboi like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by B747-437B
The biggest issue with the list if you ask me is that only 5 out of 53 African countries are included on the list despite nearly 40 African countries recognizing Indian vaccine certificates on a reciprocal basis. Shameful.
Yep, if they had just picked some countries without saying anything… but first talk about reciprocal stuff and then ignore the countries that recognize 🤦🏽
B747-437B and SamirD like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Just checked Timatic for this and reads as though vaccination certificates are only accepted from 87 countries, and only if you travel from one of those 87 countries. As an example, Netherlands is in the list of acceptable vaccination certificates. This means that if a person with a vaccination certificate issued in Netherlands goes to Germany and starts their trip there, then they must get a PCR test. It seemed absurd, so we checked with the consulate in Germany and they confirmed this is the case.

Not to mention what is the most surprising about this is that vaccination certificates issued in India itself are not acceptable as per this regulation. So an Indian citizen, in Netherlands cannot travel back without a PCR test. Nor can they from any other country. This too was confirmed by the consulate and seems like such a strange exclusion to ignore vaccination certificates issued by India itself.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by sehgalanuj
Just checked Timatic for this and reads as though vaccination certificates are only accepted from 87 countries, and only if you travel from one of those 87 countries. As an example, Netherlands is in the list of acceptable vaccination certificates. This means that if a person with a vaccination certificate issued in Netherlands goes to Germany and starts their trip there, then they must get a PCR test. It seemed absurd, so we checked with the consulate in Germany and they confirmed this is the case.

Not to mention what is the most surprising about this is that vaccination certificates issued in India itself are not acceptable as per this regulation. So an Indian citizen, in Netherlands cannot travel back without a PCR test. Nor can they from any other country. This too was confirmed by the consulate and seems like such a strange exclusion to ignore vaccination certificates issued by India itself.
Clueless Indian babus have no idea what European Union really is. It makes me believe they are still being advised by some 1970 era guide book or human robots assuming DDR/FRG era still exists.

Why cherry-pick few countries from Europe and make these garbage rules even more complex?
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by LH757; Feb 14, 2022 at 3:15 pm
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LH757
Clueless Indian babus have no idea what European Union really is. It makes me believe they are still being advised by some 1970 era guide book or human robots assuming DDR/FRG era still exists.
Even if I were to excuse the lack of understanding behind the EU or Schengen Area, I am quite shocked that they don't accept their own vaccination certificates. I am a bit surprised that none of the Indian media has picked up on that aspect.
LH757, LETTERBOY and SamirD like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 3:00 pm

Even if I were to excuse the lack of understanding behind the EU or Schengen Area, I am quite shocked that they don't accept their own vaccination certificates. I am a bit surprised that none of the Indian media has picked up on that aspect.
These ignorant babus are known for their world famous antique bureaucracy and follow exactly opposite from rest of the world.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by LH757; Feb 14, 2022 at 3:09 pm
Old Feb 14, 2022, 3:54 pm

You assume that what the consulate is telling you corresponds to the reality on the ground.
ffay005 and SamirD like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B
You assume that what the consulate is telling you corresponds to the reality on the ground.
This is a good point. Though, the Timatic link I posted above also agrees with the consulate's interpretation. We have a query out to our family's relationship manager at AFKL and she said she'll get us their official stance on it this week. Let's see what that turns up.
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:37 pm

Curios to hear back what is required... travelling from Canada To India Via Frankfurt next week. All vaccinations are from Canada
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by southiesouth
Curios to hear back what is required... travelling from Canada To India Via Frankfurt next week. All vaccinations are from Canada
Canada as origin and vaccination certificate issuer is in the list. So you should be ok.
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:12 pm

So the interpretation is that only the country of origin matter and not the transit ?

even though the origin is Canada which is in the list and the transit country - Germany - is not on the list ?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by southiesouth
So the interpretation is that only the country of origin matter and not the transit ?

even though the origin is Canada which is in the list and the transit country - Germany - is not on the list ?
Yes, this appears to be the case. Though, to make matters even more confusing, if you try Traveldoc you'll see that you could select Germany as point of departure with Dutch nationality and you'd ve given the option of presenting a vaccination certificate; but select German nationality or Indian and the only option is PCR.

There's obviously an absolute mess. I hope in a few days it'll get clearer and your trip will be without these issues.
LH757, SamirD and southiesouth like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.