Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Old Feb 10, 22, 6:09 am

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
Hope EU/UK also drops PCR requirements for fully vax to make things even better.
Old Feb 10, 22, 6:28 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: Tri-State Turducken, Keisei Skinflint, KCR Headphones, Kopaja Platinum
Mobile Number

For those tourists who have entered India during these pandemic times, were there any hiccups regarding the COVID-19 app downloads and using non-Indian mobile numbers to confirm anything? Basically, can things be taken care of in the apps pre-departure?

I ask specifically because I had read about issues in other countries, namely the UAE, with regards to their pandemic-specific apps.

Cheers,
BmB
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 10, 22, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by galaticos View Post
New rules for International Arrivals effective 14th FEB - step towards normalcy restoration..

https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/Guideli...bruary2022.pdf
Great news. I am scheduled to arrive in DEL on Feb 17th so this is perfect for me.
LH757 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 22, 3:06 pm

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento View Post
For those tourists who have entered India during these pandemic times, were there any hiccups regarding the COVID-19 app downloads and using non-Indian mobile numbers to confirm anything? Basically, can things be taken care of in the apps pre-departure?

I ask specifically because I had read about issues in other countries, namely the UAE, with regards to their pandemic-specific apps.

Cheers,
BmB
I don't think anyone looking at or for the Aarogyu Setu app at all, either at the airport or outside
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 10, 22, 3:17 pm

Programs: EY
Notably absent: The UAE, which has something like 95% vaccination rates. Stated reasoning for included countries is 'reciprocity' to other countries that recognize Indian vaccination certificates, as though the UAE doesn't recognize India's (they do). Obvious real reasons would be because the UAE requires an additional test at the airport from India, plus the fact that India openly wants to push the UAE airlines to accept lower flight allowances in their bilaterals--Gulf papers are saying how disruptive this is and how it has come up in the Free Trade Agreement between India and the UAE that is likely to be signed this month.

Separately, India still hasn't allowed Canada or the UK back into the e-visa scheme. Stated reasoning back in September was because 'Indians were facing difficulties entering those countries' whatever that meant. I suppose they've forgotten to update it since that time, much like how they never bothered to check up on New Zealand's numbers of 50 a day before labeling it a 'country at-risk' while the US suspiciously stayed off that list during the height of Omicron with its 500,000 cases a day.
LH757 and SamirD like this.
Old Feb 10, 22, 3:53 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN**
Also Germany is missing… they were the first in Europe to accept the Indian jab as equivalent back in late summer 2021. Seriously?
Old Feb 11, 22, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Also Germany is missing… they were the first in Europe to accept the Indian jab as equivalent back in late summer 2021. Seriously?
Someone from MOCA has been following this forum and is upset by your posts
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 12, 22, 9:04 pm

Programs: United Premier, AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Bonvoy Gold; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by superboi View Post
Summary of these rules:

1. No more on-arrival testing for travellers from at-risk countries.
2. Random testing of 2% will continue.
3. Pre-departure negative RTPCR test not required for fully vaccinated travellers.
No. 3 is a big one!
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 13, 22, 1:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

CCU going against the trend:

SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 13, 22, 7:16 am

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Tinman Rajasthan has announced PCR for all int. arrivals..
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by LH757; Feb 13, 22 at 2:42 pm
Old Feb 13, 22, 2:48 pm
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
Since fully vaccinated people do not need a negative PCR test report, will they accept US CDC issued vaccination cards as proof?
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 14, 22, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by washingtonian_2017 View Post
Since fully vaccinated people do not need a negative PCR test report, will they accept US CDC issued vaccination cards as proof?
Guidelines don't prescribe a format for vaccination certificates so as long as the details match your passport it should be fine.
SamirD and washingtonian_2017 like this.
Old Feb 14, 22, 12:57 am

ATQ twitter showing the last day of arrival PCR tests?

SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 14, 22, 6:28 am

As of today Feb 14, the Air Suvidha form is still showing that uploading PCR result is mandatory. https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsu...o-registration. Of course babus forgot to change it. I totally expected this.
Old Feb 14, 22, 6:32 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, UA - 1K, UK - PLT
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
As of today Feb 14, the Air Suvidha form is still showing that uploading PCR result is mandatory. https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsu...o-registration. Of course babus forgot to change it. I totally expected this.
I think upload vaccine certificate in both places not like there's a mechanism to check..
SamirD likes this.

Search this Thread