COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2022, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by SamirD
Pretty silly that an answered phone somehow indicates someone is home/not home--everyone is on cell phones now that can be taken anywhere, lol.
Maybe they will listen for background noise. Sounds like a club or a mall? Boom! You are whisked off to a government isolation facility and your return ticket is canceled.
LH757 and SamirD like this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
Originally Posted by unkn0wns0ldier
wait why would I need a test if my point of origin is the US? I thought US passengers don't need to take a test? Did something change?
Who cares! Anyone can be randomly selected for 2% testing nonsense.
Moreover Indian govt. changes rules every hour and you never know if USA is dragged into it till some Babu tells you on arrival.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by LH757; Jan 28, 2022 at 6:26 pm
Old Jan 29, 2022, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by leonidas
2% of passengers from non-risk countries (which includes the US ) are tested randomly on arrival. Your layover should account for this possibility.
oh yea, forgot about this 2% nonsense ... Thanks everyone!
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by chehk
Hi all, have a bunch of questions in preparation for a trip end of Feb:

- originally meant to fly to DEL on EK but now have some flexibility, wanted to confirm that if I fly to BOM I will be exempt from the 7-day home quarantine on arrival for international passengers?

- visa/e-visa was compiled with DEL as port of arrival, assume no issues if I arrive in BOM? Still will be going to and departing from DEL.

- with US vaccine card (Pfizer and booster) expect no issues with interstate travel between BOM, DEL and Rajasthan?

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Regarding the vaccine card, anyone in the US who can should try to get the advanced vaccine proof with a QR code (SMART card) if available from their state.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:09 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Originally Posted by xobile
Regarding the vaccine card, anyone in the US who can should try to get the advanced vaccine proof with a QR code (SMART card) if available from their state.
If you have taken vaccines in a hospital, your hospital EPIC/MyChart should show the same now..
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K IHG Plat Elite
US to Bom via Germany

Hi All,

im sure it’s already been asked and answered, but I’m planning to go to India in a few weeks. I know the protocols from US going to India in regards to Covid testing and uploading negative tests, my question is.. if I were to travel from Sfo to Bom via Frankfurt on Lufthansa. Would I still be required to test upon r landing? Since the flight is coming from An EU country? Or would I be ok? If anyone knows, please reply.

thanks I’m advance.

paagal12
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1K IHG Plat Elite
Looks like I found what I was looking for. ‘Any passengers originating or transiting from at risk countries nhave to do a Rt- PCR test upon arrival.
A.2. V states it.

https://csmia.adaniairports.com/pdf/...anuary2022.pdf
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
None of this makes much sense but it is what it is. Hopefully there will be no more calls from tomorrow.
No more calls for the last 2 days. Thankfully this nonsense has come to an end.
malgudi and SamirD like this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:54 am

I flew SEA-DOH-MAA on QR a few days ago. Upon landing at MAA they asked every passenger where they were traveling from, and anyone who said "USA" was just waved through. There was no 2% random testing as far as I could see. Anecdotally, heard from a friend who flew SIN-MAA recently that only passengers who were coughing or sniffling were selected for the random testing.

There was no mention of home quarantine or day 8 testing either, for what it's worth.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
CCU allowing LHR flights again, restrictions on domestic flights only from BLR.

SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by paagal12
Looks like I found what I was looking for. ‘Any passengers originating or transiting from at risk countries nhave to do a Rt- PCR test upon arrival.
A.2. V states it.

https://csmia.adaniairports.com/pdf/...anuary2022.pdf
Looks like they are implementing this only for those who are actually starting their journey from Europe as stated by another user: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33936371-post575.html
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:02 pm

Looks like they are implementing this only for those who are actually starting their journey from Europe as stated by another user: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33936371-post575.html
BOM and BLR have been testing transit pax too, as reported earlier on this thread.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by superboi
BOM and BLR have been testing transit pax too, as reported earlier on this thread.
can you point me to those datapoints please? I tried reading about flights originating from the US with a connection in europe and it seems everyone is reporting that they didn't have to test?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:24 pm

can you point me to those datapoints please? I tried reading about flights originating from the US with a connection in europe and it seems everyone is reporting that they didn't have to test?
1, 2, 3
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 12:44 am

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
Is there a vaccination requirement to enter or exit India? I heard reports of passengers being asked for vaccination cards but could not find any source. Traveling from US to Mumbai and back
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.