COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2022, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
Just completed a BOS-AMS-DEL trip with my family a few hours ago. Pleased to report that arrival in DEL was very smooth.

Got off the plane & was told to go towards the testing area. I showed them the Air Suvidha form on my phone & once they saw the green code they asked us to turn around & go to another counter to get the boarding passes stamped. We walked over to that area & the guy at the counter saw the Air Suvidha form & checked all our boarding passes before stamping them with a '7 day home quarantine' stamp.

Next we made our way towards immigration & our boarding passes were checked twice on the way over. Immigration took another 5 minutes & we were at baggage claim before the luggage started to arrive. Another 10 minutes to get our bags & we were in the car heading home in under 30 minutes from when we landed.
Glad to hear you all made it back finally!
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 12:03 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by knit-in
Do they say anything about the Day 8 test at the airport or is it on the Air Suvidha form now?

Also, what is the recourse for someone who arrives late and has to travel to another destination the following day?
The checking is only when you land, after that no one cares about you and what you do.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by superboi
Glad to hear you all made it back finally!
Thanks. We had to delay our return by 10 days in the end. We finally all tested negative on the 11th & the first flight we could take was on the 13th.
SamirD and superboi like this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:08 am

Thanks. We had to delay our return by 10 days in the end. We finally all tested negative on the 11th & the first flight we could take was on the 13th.
Just curious if airlines are hitting people with fare differences as changed itinerary in such cases. Most of them are waiving change fees but that could be peanuts compared to the differences in fares.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by venk
Just curious if airlines are hitting people with fare differences as changed itinerary in such cases. Most of them are waiving change fees but that could be peanuts compared to the differences in fares.
Luckily for me the fare had reduced significantly in January so I now have credit with Delta for each passenger. But I'm sure many are being hit with fare differences in these circumstances.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Just completed a BOS-AMS-DEL trip with my family a few hours ago. Pleased to report that arrival in DEL was very smooth.

Got off the plane & was told to go towards the testing area. I showed them the Air Suvidha form on my phone & once they saw the green code they asked us to turn around & go to another counter to get the boarding passes stamped. We walked over to that area & the guy at the counter saw the Air Suvidha form & checked all our boarding passes before stamping them with a '7 day home quarantine' stamp.

Next we made our way towards immigration & our boarding passes were checked twice on the way over. Immigration took another 5 minutes & we were at baggage claim before the luggage started to arrive. Another 10 minutes to get our bags & we were in the car heading home in under 30 minutes from when we landed.
Do they tell you about the Day 8 testing at some stage?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:51 pm

Great to hear that your trip went so smoothly.. Two questions and I wonder whether you have the answers:
  1. What happens if you do not have a 'home' in Delhi to go to but were booked to stay in a hotel? Would you be confined to the hotel for 7 days regardless of what other plans / reservations you may have had?
  2. What happens if you or someone in your party tests positive?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by knit-in
Do they tell you about the Day 8 testing at some stage?
No mention of that at any stage.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by puchong
Great to hear that your trip went so smoothly.. Two questions and I wonder whether you have the answers:
  1. What happens if you do not have a 'home' in Delhi to go to but were booked to stay in a hotel? Would you be confined to the hotel for 7 days regardless of what other plans / reservations you may have had?
  2. What happens if you or someone in your party tests positive?
In the past no one has bothered to follow up whether you are sticking to home or hotel quarantine so I'm assuming it will be the same this time as well.

If you test positive at the airport then you are taken to institutional quarantine. If you test positive later then in the past the authorities would visit your place to make sure you are not venturing out. Again, I'm assuming it will be the same this time as well.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 7:04 pm

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
There don't seem many posts from EU/UK as most India folks appear to be flying in from N.America. EU/UK pax have an extra step in between that is paid PCR-test on arrival and wait for the results.

Any experiences how does RT-PCR test (2900INR version) goes at DEL T3? Are results indeed delivered within 90min. as they claim? I am sure all hell breaks loose when found +ve on arrival..

If lucky and allowed into the country how is D8 calculated, for example pax lands DEL 0200AM/ Saturday, will D8 then be next Sunday?
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by LH757; Jan 16, 2022 at 7:01 am
Old Jan 15, 2022, 7:25 pm

...If you test positive at the airport then you are taken to institutional quarantine. If you test positive later then in the past the authorities would visit your place to make sure you are not venturing out. Again, I'm assuming it will be the same this time as well.
And what / where is "institutional quarantine" in DEL? Who pays for it and how much?
LH757 and SamirD like this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LH757
There don't seem many posts from EU/UK -> as most India folks appear to be flying in from N.America. EU/UK pax have an extra step in between that is paid PCR-test on arrival and wait for the results.

Any experiences how does RT-PCR test (2900INR version) goes at DEL T3? Are results indeed delivered within 90min. as they claim? I am sure all hell breaks loose when found +ve on arrival..
If lucky and allowed into the country how is D8 calculated, for example pax lands DEL 0200AM/ Saturday, will D8 then be next Sunday?
My nephew flew in from LHR last month. It took less than an hour for him to get his result & he was able to take his connecting flight to LKO immediately after that.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by puchong
And what / where is "institutional quarantine" in DEL? Who pays for it and how much?
I believe they have designated a few hospitals that are being used for quarantine purposes. Not sure if & how much you need to pay for that but the facilities are pretty average.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 12:41 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
I believe they have designated a few hospitals that are being used for quarantine purposes.
Geez, with how I've seen mosquitos in the icu's at hospitals in BLR, I would be more scared of the hospital than covid if I had to go to one...
LH757 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SamirD
Geez, with how I've seen mosquitos in the icu's at hospitals in BLR, I would be more scared of the hospital than covid if I had to go to one...
You most definitely don't want to end up in one of these quarantine hospitals. I know someone whose daughter tested positive last month & had to spend 2 weeks in one of these centers. She said it was the worst experience of her life.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.