Reload this Page >

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Any word on if the US will join the high-risk list soon? I fear we might the way things are going here and Im flying back to India in a few days and would hate to run into a surprise quarantine waiting because US joined the high risk list
It's probably going to happen. (At least with BOM)

DEL is now under some sort of lockdown - as BOM is supposed to be - but is apparently not being enforced at all...

I would delay any travel if you could help it.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LH757
If you travel DEL-BOM on a separate domestic ticket don’t think you need an Maha arrival test.

But then, who knows as babus keep changing rules every hour and you might be selected for PCR at DEL itself!

BOM is becoming some kind of autocratic country inside another country…with Center too afraid to tell them anything…
I'm doing DEL-PNQ -- same ticket, (UA SFO-DEL and UK into PNQ). Will make a call on travelling on the day of flight after I see what's going on. If the regulations don't change, then I'm good, but who knows what's going to happen. Definitely was a wise move to avoid BOM when I made the plans a couple of months ago!
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy

DEL is now under some sort of lockdown - as BOM is supposed to be - but is apparently not being enforced at all...

+1. Anyway cases are surging and we are very soon going to be in the middle of a third wave. With or without quarantine restrictions it may be best to avoid travel to India at this time.
LH757 and SamirD like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Any word on if the US will join the high-risk list soon? I fear we might the way things are going here and Im flying back to India in a few days and would hate to run into a surprise quarantine waiting because US joined the high risk list
Originally Posted by SamirD
Worried about the same here as mother-in-law will have to return home next month and currently transits via the EU. One of our US friends actually changed her mom's flight to a non-stop to avoid any transit issues. And other friends in Canada had problems with their mom leaving India and transiting in the EU to arrive in Canada--they refused to let her board citing that transit in EU was forbidden. It's getting tough.
Was supposed to travel JFK-AMS-DEL today. My kids were feeling a little under the weather last week & unfortunately their tests came back positive for Covid. My wife tested positive a couple of days later followed by a positive result for me the following day. So now I've postponed the flight to the 13th & am hoping we all test negative by then.

The other problem in NYC is that labs are taking up to 5 days to return results so I have to find someplace that can give us our results in under 3 days.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
Was supposed to travel JFK-AMS-DEL today. My kids were feeling a little under the weather last week & unfortunately their tests came back positive for Covid. My wife tested positive a couple of days later followed by a positive result for me the following day. So now I've postponed the flight to the 13th & am hoping we all test negative by then.

The other problem in NYC is that labs are taking up to 5 days to return results so I have to find someplace that can give us our results in under 3 days.
Hope you're all managing ok!
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy

Yeah unfortunately this is a work trip (that I always double up as an extended family visit too for BOM and PNQ) so I can’t delay it unless work says that we will be moving to having meetings and demos virtually.

Originally Posted by cricketer
I'm doing DEL-PNQ -- same ticket, (UA SFO-DEL and UK into PNQ). Will make a call on travelling on the day of flight after I see what's going on. If the regulations don't change, then I'm good, but who knows what's going to happen. Definitely was a wise move to avoid BOM when I made the plans a couple of months ago!
yes I am also going into PNQ, but flying out of BOM on the way back to the US. BOM has become such a mess to fly into nowadays that I am avoiding it for arrivals if possible until they settle down a little bit. DEL could not care less and PNQ just checks your vaccine card/PCR test on arrival from a domestic flight and you are out.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by whimsey21
Hope you're all managing ok!
So far so good. Body ache & low grade fever. Nothing serious.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
So far so good. Body ache & low grade fever. Nothing serious.
Hope all of you get better soon.
And ....get back home soon.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 6:49 am

Hi guys,

Just wondering what the latest requirements are for arriving at BOM. I last travelled last December when they locked down but not sure if the process has changed.

I'm travelling MAN-AUH-BOM next week.

I can see I still need a pre-departure PCR, PCR on arrival and to complete Air Suvidha as well as undertaking form.

If there anything else I need to fill out or do?

Can the BOM arrival tests be booked from here and is it best/quickest to do that or just leave it and book it on arrival?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
Originally Posted by neverenoughmiles
Hi guys,

Just wondering what the latest requirements are for arriving at BOM. I last travelled last December when they locked down but not sure if the process has changed.

I can see I still need a pre-departure PCR, PCR on arrival and to complete Air Suvidha as well as undertaking form.

Can the BOM arrival tests be booked from here and is it best/quickest to do that or just leave it and book it on arrival?
Check this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33840568-post308.html
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by neverenoughmiles
Hi guys,

Coming from UK and/or UAE you will need an on-arrival PCR. Booking your test in advance is now mandatory. The Mumbai airport website has links to a number of providers.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm having a nightmare submitting the Air Suvidha form -- tried in multiple browsers, and facing two issues:

1. It won't accept my connecting flight number (UK931) and says it needs to be 4 to 6 characters long. Can't see the problem there. - RESOLVED
2. It won't accept a 6 digit pin-code (zipcode) saying "pincode not found" which is of course an issue. -- Turns out it doesn't like a lot of Pune pincodes for some reason. Not sure what to do here!

Any tips for getting this to work? Thanks!
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by cricketer; Jan 6, 2022 at 4:03 pm Reason: update
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:29 pm

Programs: United
I'm flying DTW → EWR within the US, then 3 hour layover, and then EWR → BOM. Both flights are on the same reservation.

Does my PCR test need to be taken 72 hours before departure from DTW, or 72 hours before the departure of the "main" leg from EWR → BOM?

United's “Travel Ready Center” says the former (72 hours before departure from DTW), which is easier for me to accomplish; but I'd like confirmation from someone else who has experience with a similar situation (intra-US connecting flight + medium-long layover).
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 1:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
72h before DTW.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 2:29 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
New guidelines effective Jan 11:

https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/Revised...anuary2022.pdf

list of at-risk countries as of now: https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/ListofC...anuary2022.pdf
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.