All flights suspended in India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All flights suspended in India

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2020, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
The Indian Express: Ink used for stamping passengers at Delhi Airport raises red flag.
https://indianexpress.com/article/bu...-flag-6703156/
i was reading this last night & wondering how many people would have had to break the 14 day home quarantine to go show their hand to the doctor because of the ink causing the rash....

the effects from my rash persisted for over a week....
Old Oct 14, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by oliver2002

I'm landing in BOM in exactly one week and will report.
How was your experience at BOM? I'm still on the fence whether to undertake this ordeal or not.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 7:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Never landed in BOM, since LH had to cancel all flights. I rebooked to MUC-LH-LHR-AI-CCU instead.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Keyser
just got back from usa a couple of nights ago & its a travel experience i won't soon forget....
Did you see any sign of the testing on arrival facility? Seems its been in operation since September?

​​​​​​​DEL website allows bookings for the test to be done online. 4-6 hr wait then you're free to fly domestically. Almost seems too easy. Any first hand experience of this?
Old Oct 16, 2020, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by s1362083
Did you see any sign of the testing on arrival facility? Seems its been in operation since September?

​​​​​​​DEL website allows bookings for the test to be done online. 4-6 hr wait then you're free to fly domestically. Almost seems too easy. Any first hand experience of this?
i wasn't looking for the testing facility but i believe its available at the health desk before immigration....
Old Oct 20, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by s1362083

DEL website allows bookings for the test to be done online. 4-6 hr wait then you're free to fly domestically. Almost seems too easy. Any first hand experience of this?
I would not want to deal with that kind of ambiguity but would rather choose to arrive with a negative test done within 72 hours of departure. If the test is positive before you start your journey, you can just cancel or postpone your trip. OTOH, you test positive on arrival, there is no option to home quarantine - they will put you in a mandatory state quarantine. Also, the ideal goal should be get out of the airport ASAP, not linger around for 4-6 hours (which can easily become 8-12 hrs) thereby increasing the probability of getting infected.

Last edited by crazyhorse; Oct 21, 2020 at 9:47 pm
Old Oct 20, 2020, 8:07 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
How was your experience at BOM? I'm still on the fence whether to undertake this ordeal or not.
My daughter flew into BOM - was not that bad - showed her (slightly expired) test and was allowed home quarantine...

I think they are anyway suggesting home quarantine these days - rather than the hotel option...

Never landed in BOM, since LH had to cancel all flights. I rebooked to MUC-LH-LHR-AI-CCU instead.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 5:03 am

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
Originally Posted by Keyser
i wasn't looking for the testing facility but i believe its available at the health desk before immigration....
It's after immigration. There were queues to go for testing. I just got back home to DC yesterday. Flew Air India to DEL because I didn't want to deal with extra airports, but changed my return flight to United through EWR because AI just is flat out horrible. Happy to answer any questions. I put lotion on my hand after getting stamped, and it came off in a day. No rashes thankfully. Also, the date is so smudged no one would be able to tell anything. DEL experience was good! Was fast and painless.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shounak
It's after immigration. There were queues to go for testing. I just got back home to DC yesterday. Flew Air India to DEL because I didn't want to deal with extra airports, but changed my return flight to United through EWR because AI just is flat out horrible. Happy to answer any questions. I put lotion on my hand after getting stamped, and it came off in a day. No rashes thankfully. Also, the date is so smudged no one would be able to tell anything. DEL experience was good! Was fast and painless.
thanks for the update....i have been told that they have changed the ink after there were a few complaints....my parents flew back to del a week ago & even their stamp came off in a day....
Old Oct 28, 2020, 3:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The international flights remain suspended... not surprising:

Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The international flights remain suspended... not surprising:

https://twitter.com/DGCAIndia/status...58668449767424
as expected....this is likely to continue till march 2021...
Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hello, I am finding it difficult to understand what the process is for an Indian citizen to enter into BOM these days. I see there are two scheduled flights from London everyday. Can they just book one and arrive? How about if they are connecting in LHR from another EU country, is this allowed or will they have trouble on entry to BOM. Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2020, 1:35 am

Yes, you can, more details here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/indi...l-allowed.html
Old Oct 30, 2020, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thank you!
Old Jan 29, 2021, 1:38 am

Intl flights suspended for another month:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.