Reload this Page >

All flights suspended in India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All flights suspended in India

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2020, 7:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The MH government instructions are a bit clearer: https://csmia.aero/assets/images/cov...aharashtra.pdf
Old Sep 8, 2020, 4:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Since I'm landing in BOM in early October
I am planning a visit mid-Nov to BOM as well. Would be very interested in your experience, especially around how they accept a negative RT-PCR test result.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 4:41 pm

The MH government instructions are a bit clearer: https://csmia.aero/assets/images/cov...aharashtra.pdf
This is very useful. Thank you.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I am planning a visit mid-Nov to BOM as well. Would be very interested in your experience, especially around how they accept a negative RT-PCR test result.
i will be landing in del in another couple of weeks....will update this thread on my experience with the negative covid-19 pcr test result....
crazyhorse likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 7:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

As my ticket to travel to India finally got confirmed (they needed the OCI info in the reseravtion), Lufthansa sent this to me via my TA:

Current flight information

Lufthansa current flight schedule

Please find below information about flights to and from India.

Flights to India

The Lufthansa flights are available for booking to / from India under the air travel bubble agreement offered by the Indian Government. Please check flight availability on Lufthansa.com or with any travel agent of your choice. All Lufthansa flights to/ from India are in strict compliance with the EXIT and ENTRY regulations applicable at the origin and destination as defined by concerned authorities. 

ELIGIBLE TRAVELERS
  1. All Indian Nationals
  2. EU Nationals, EU-residents, holders of EEA family member cards holding applicable visa
  3. All OCI card holders
  4. All previously/ freshly issued and currently valid employment, project and family visas. Existing employment, project and family reunion visas need not be revalidated by any Indian Mission and are valid as issued.
  5. Foreign Nationals holding freshly issued and valid business visa (not prior to March 2020)
  6. Foreign Nationals holding applicable visa
  7. All diplomatic passport holders
Passengers are requested to recheck travel eligibility based on the above and accordingly purchase tickets at their own responsibility.

All electronic visas issued prior to April 2020 stand revoked.

MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS:
  • As per Government of India requirements, all passengers have to REGISTER WITH THE INDIAN MISSION(S) IN GERMANY, prior to departure via the following link. This is a mandatory requirement to travel on these flights.
    • Passengers are required to produce a confirmation of the same at check-in
    • This process is mandatory even if the passenger has previously registered on a similar Indian Embassy website in his/her country of origin
    • Even if the journey originates outside of Germany, passengers must register on the above link and make sure to select “Germany” as departure country on the web-page.
    • In case your Lufthansa flight number is not yet reflecting on the registration site, you can complete the registration process by selecting any flight to your final destination on, or close to, the chosen date of departure. Additionally, you can mention your Lufthansa Flight Number, Date and Time in the ‘Remarks’ section of the above-stated link.
  • All passengers travelling to Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru MUST submit SELF-DECLARATION FORM on the online portal (please click here) at least 72 hours before the scheduled travel. This is a mandatory requirement to travel on these flights.
  • In case institutional quarantine is required, passengers are recommended to directly pre-book hotels empaneled by State Governments for COVID-19 quarantine.
  • Passengers travelling to Delhi and Mumbai must also seek EXEMPTION FROM INSTITUTIONAL QUARANTINE by submitting a negative RT-PCR Test report on arrival. This test should have been conducted within 96 hours prior to undertaking the journey. The test Report should be uploaded on this portal for consideration. Each passenger shall also submit a declaration with respect to authenticity of the report and will be liable for criminal prosecution, if found otherwise. The test report could also be produced upon arrival at the point of entry airport in India. This might change on short notice and a test might be made mandatory.
  • It is mandatory for all passengers to DOWNLOAD THE “AAROGYA SETU” application on their mobile devices before boarding.
  • All passengers must go through the Guidelines for International arrivals issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. Passengers must ensure they fulfill all requirements mentioned in the same. Please CLICK HERE for the guidelines.
  • Protocol, health measures and quarantine regulations related to COVID-19 implemented in India and as applicable at Destination State /Union Territories Government are to be adhered. Please find the same HERE
  • If the final destination is not the arrival airport of the international journey:
    • Passengers intending to have connecting flights to other domestic airports as their final destination would be allowed for such onward journey, when the exemption from institutional quarantine requirement is granted in favour by the State authorities concerned of the first airport of landing on the basis of a negative RT-PCR test report, for which test was conducted within 96 hours prior to undertaking the journey.
    • Passengers can arrange an e-pass via the State Government to quarantine at the point of final destination. Passengers are personally responsible to reconfirm the regulations & arrange e-pass via the State Government / GOI websites. In absence of required documents, the procedure as applicable by the authorities will be final and binding.
  • Passengers are personally responsible to comply with the regulations and must also check transit Germany regulations, where applicable. For latest information on Entry/Exit rules for Europe, please CLICK HERE
  • All passengers have to comply by health and sanitization measures applicable by the airlines and at origin & destination countries.
  • For the various health and safety measures to be followed onboard, CLICK HERE
  • At the time of boarding the flight, passengers will have to undergo thermal screening as per health protocol. Only asymptomatic travelers would be allowed to board the flight. 
  • FOR ALL PASSENGERS TRAVELLING TO BENGALURU:
    • Asymptomatic passengers will be sent for home quarantine for a period of 14 days. If home quarantine is not possible, passengers shall be allowed institutional quarantine (Government or Private).
    • Business / Short – term travelers may seek EXEMPTION FROM HOME QUARANTINE by submitting a negative RT-PCR Test report on arrival. This test should have been conducted within 96 hours prior to undertaking the journey. Each passenger shall also submit a declaration with respect to authenticity of the report and will be liable for criminal prosecution, if found otherwise. The test report should be produced upon arrival at Bengaluru airport.
    • All passengers must download AAROGYA SETU APP, QUARANTINE WATCH APP AND APTHAMITRA APP on their mobile devices.
    • For DETAILED GUIDELINES for each category of international passengers arriving at Bengaluru Airport, please CLICK HERE

Please note the terms of use. All information is regularly updated and prepared with the greatest possible care to the best of Lufthansa’s knowledge at the time of publication. Due to the fast evolving nature of the countries’ responses to the COVID-19 outbreak, we cannot guarantee any accuracy and can assume no liability for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of the information provided. Lufthansa reserves the right to change information at any time. Lufthansa offers links to third party websites only as a courtesy and accepts no responsibility for third-party information
Old Sep 18, 2020, 10:24 am

oliver2002 Thank you for that post!
It is quite interesting that any connecting with LH (origin outside Germany) have to register with the Indian mission in Germany.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, AVIS Preferred Plus
Same in AF as well. Need to register with Indian embassy in France
Old Sep 18, 2020, 12:39 pm

Soo... I'm landing in BOM at 1.20am. Flights to CCU are available at 6.15am with AI, 7.30 and 1400ish with UK. I will book a flex ticket with UK, but should take the 7am one in the hope all works out and I have a plan B at 2pm, or do I book the 2pm and move it forward when all goes well?
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:05 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Love_Travel
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, AVIS Preferred Plus
You land at 1.20 AM and still have 5+ hours for the AI flights. Why wait till 2.00 PM. May be 2.00 PM could be a backup if you can't catch earlier AI Flights
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:06 pm

Soo... I'm landing in BOM at 1.20am. Flights to CCU are available at 6.15am with AI, 7.30 and 1400ish with UK. I will book a flex ticket with UK, but should take the 7am one in the hope all works out and I have a plan B at 2pm, or do I book the 2pm and move it forward when all goes well?
I would book the 2PM and change it to 7:30AM if you get done by then (hopefully you will get done!!).
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:58 pm

You land at 1.20 AM and still have 5+ hours for the AI flights. Why wait till 2.00 PM. May be 2.00 PM could be a backup if you can't catch earlier AI Flights
AI only has a single flight in the morning (6am). UK has two flights (7am and 2pm). Indigo and GoAir have a single flight, Spicejet has 3. Thanks to the restrictions imposed by the DGCA/MOCA, all cost roughly the same.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
what if travel originates outside france????

for example jfk-cdg-del????
Old Sep 19, 2020, 6:42 am

It seems the bubble thingy requires Lufthansa/AF/BA to declare that the pax on board all originate in Germany/France/GB
Old Sep 22, 2020, 1:38 pm

It seems the bubble thingy requires Lufthansa/AF/BA to declare that the pax on board all originate in Germany/France/GB
Hmm ... I have a friend traveling today SFO-FRA-BLR on LH.

Oh!!! On re-reading this, they declare origination in Germany even if otherwise?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.