All flights suspended in India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All flights suspended in India

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2020, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Meanwhile AI has gone into Phase 5 of the VB BS train....
The ministry has released a VB schedule till Aug-30.... so looks like no regular travel till that date at least:
https://www.civilaviation.gov.in/sit...le_flights.pdf
Old Jul 29, 2020, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ft4lyf
The ministry has released a VB schedule till Aug-30.... so looks like no regular travel till that date at least:
https://www.civilaviation.gov.in/sit...le_flights.pdf
my contact at air india told me that they have been informed that there will be no regular scheduled flights till 6th september....
Old Jul 29, 2020, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
my contact at air india told me that they have been informed that there will be no regular scheduled flights till 6th september....
Ok good to know!
Old Jul 31, 2020, 6:56 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Any idea if there are other options than AI from india to UK non stop. I can see BA selling tickets from mid August.

Has BA been allowed to operate flights to India in August . I did not see any official confirmation on this .

I have an option of connecting via CDG or MUC but was looking for a direct flight for mrs.ukdoctor.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Any idea if there are other options than AI from india to UK non stop. I can see BA selling tickets from mid August.

Has BA been allowed to operate flights to India in August . I did not see any official confirmation on this .

I have an option of connecting via CDG or MUC but was looking for a direct flight for mrs.ukdoctor.
the government made an announcement yesterday suspending all regular scheduled flights till 31st august....
Old Aug 1, 2020, 7:55 pm

Vande Bharat

It is unbelievable that other countries (apart from some feeble noise by US DOT and France) are allowing these to go on so long.

This is great for temporary survival of Air India.

For weeks, AI was able to collect double the fare for one-way travel with no competition (This is when international travel is down 90 percent)

Sure, people paying high fare are mostly Indian citizens or OCI NRIs and hence your typical Trump voter does not get affected.

At least as far as US destinations are concerned, it seems AI is running more than 60 pct of its pre-COVID flights with hardly any competition.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 8:59 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
THank you for this! Your link which ends in "19-1" seems to be the latest update.
Welcome!
Hopefully something will change soon. And OCIs can go IN to India without restrictions (but following quarantine guidelines, etc).
Wait, even though there are *specific* OCI categories allowed in, are *all* OCIs allowed to enter if they quarantine now??
Old Aug 2, 2020, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Welcome!
Wait, even though there are *specific* OCI categories allowed in, are *all* OCIs allowed to enter if they quarantine now??
I am not able to get any clear info saying something like "all OCI's can enter as long as they follow quarantine rules".

So frustrating!

Well, today they announced that all international arrivals have to institutional quarantine for 7 days; followed by home quarantine for 7 days;
(Some exceptions are noted; Negative RTPCR test within past 96 hours is one exception)
https://indianexpress.com/article/ex...rules-6536123/
Old Aug 2, 2020, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
It appears that now with a negative RT-PCR test within 96 hours, or in cases where travel is for emergent purposes (death or serious illness in family) or if traveling with young children, one can apply to home quarantine instead of submitting to the institutional quarantine:

Old Aug 2, 2020, 12:06 pm

Has there been any official information about BA being allowed to start flying to India from August 19.

All i can see is one news report and that's it.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The EU3 are operating into India, albeit on a low key semi clandestine fashion. If you have a reason to travel, they will take you to India. With the new rules (96h PCR Covid19 test required) things will get easier.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has there been any official information about BA being allowed to start flying to India from August 19.

All i can see is one news report and that's it.
regular scheduled flights still remain suspended till 31st august....
Old Aug 4, 2020, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
regular scheduled flights still remain suspended till 31st august....

That's what I do not understand..BA is doing fairly regular flights ex Delhi from 17th August as per their schedule.

The question is whether this is a case of trying to get funds from desperate passengers without any permission to operate the flights ?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 1:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
BA is allowed to operate to India because AI (and soon SG) is operating to the UK too. So the permission is reciprocal.
ukdoctor likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's what I do not understand..BA is doing fairly regular flights ex Delhi from 17th August as per their schedule.

The question is whether this is a case of trying to get funds from desperate passengers without any permission to operate the flights ?
other airlines like vistara also released their international schedule for august but the situation still remains the same....no scheduled flights in august....they either released the schedule in anticipation that flights would have resumed post 31st july or once the government announced the extension of the suspension then they would be anticipating that the restrictions will be eased at some point in august & regular international operations will resume....
ukdoctor likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.